Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is tomorrow's match the biggest of Gus' tenure so far??

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
In terms of the consequences of the result?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Even if we get hammered tomorrow we're still right in the mix for a play off spot. It's big, but it's not must-win by any stretch.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Even if we get hammered tomorrow we're still right in the mix for a play off spot. It's big, but it's not must-win by any stretch.

**** that ..we need to lay down a statement of intent tomorrow..........2-0 ,3-0 win.........we had the monthly wobble against forest ....leicester need doing big time....:thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is the side we put out at approximately the same time last season

01 Brezovan
03 Greer
06 El-Abd
14 Calderon
22 Painter
08 Navarro
15 Vicente
18 Dicker
26 Bridcutt
09 Barnes
13 Assulin

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is tomorrow's match the biggest of Gus' tenure so far??

In terms of the consequences of the result?
No, I don't think so. We probably won't get promoted whatever happens tomorrow. In terms of getting into the play-offs the game against Palace was almost as big, but if we'd lost that they'd have done the double over us for the first time in 81 years, and as a consequence we'd have to listen to them banging on about it for years.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The season isn't defined by one game, it's no bigger than the last one. It's just more weight is put on it because it's 6th v 7th

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, yes it is.

Leicester are there for the taking. Barnsley should have put 5 past them last week. Their confidence must be on the floor, and we have a chance to really kick them whilst they're down.

If we draw tomorrow or, heaven forbid, lose - the trips to both 'boros look very, very difficult.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Depends on the result.

If we lose or draw, we're in a scrap, and other games will take on a much bigger profile than this.

But if we win v Leicester, we'll be cast-iron favourites for the play-offs and are likely to look back on Saturday as the crunch match in our regular season.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Although it's not a "must win" in any arithmetical sense, my feeling is that following the Forest and Charlton draws anything other than a win tomorrow will have a dampening effect psychologically and will impair any potential upward momentum for the last bit of the season, with knock-on effects on subsequent matches, several of which will be pretty tough challenges in any case.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The match we need to keep an eye on tomorrow is Bolton v Wolves, if we draw and Bolton win they will be only two points behind us.

However they still have to go to Leicester and Cardiff before the end of the season.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Maybe my memory is horrendous but I remember being far more nervous about some other games when Gus first took over, mainly due to our position at the time and the potential problems a defeat could have caused.

I suppose it depends what you classify as biggest.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its important, as Leicester wont be shite for too much longer, they will come good.

Just hope that gus dont go defensive on us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you think it's important for us it's colossal for Leicester City. They've lost £45million in the last 2 seasons and defeat will make it very likely they won't be dining at the Prem table for another season.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
its a massive game - big business end of the season game, big crowd.......but in terms of the result and consequences, palace the other week was "bigger."

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here