Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich losses for 2012 £16m, £79m in debt.....

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Ipswich have announced losses of almost £16m for the financial year ending June 2012.

Lower figures for gate receipts, and media and commercial income, contributed to the losses along with a higher wage bill and "other expenses" of £800,000.

Ipswich made £10.8m on player transfers in the year ending June 2011 following the sales of Connor Wickham and Jon Walters, but that figure plummeted to just £248,000 over the next 12 months.

The overall turnover was down by over £2m to £15.04m, while the club's overall debt rose to £79.62m.

Club officials have set their sights on reducing the wage bill to prepare for the implementation of the Financial Fair Play regulations.

Ipswich's wages-to-turnover ratio is one of the highest in the Championship at 119% - an increase of 17% on the previous year.

The accounts also revealed that former Town chief executive Simon Clegg earned an annual salary of £193,000.

Ipswich announce losses of almost £16m for financial year ending June 2012 | Football News | Sky Sports

Dec 29, 2011
I don't see a way out, even if they somehow go from losing £10m to £5m profit a year, they need to sustain that for 16 years to break even. Unless they make the Premier League I can only see one outcome..

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Play in the same colours as Portsmouth and seem to have a similar wages to turnover % (Not profit!) Similar result I think.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The Ipswich owner, Marcus Evans, owns Portman Road and their training ground so they've got no assets either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember Ipswich being held up as a club to emulate, can't see anything but doom for them now though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There will be no doomsday scenario, obviously. They take the administartion route, the first chance they get, when the 10 points won't affect them, wipe out all the debts and merrily stroll on as if nothing's happened.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Where did the UEFA Cup Final money go?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
A nasty part of me wants them to be relegated this season so that Palace get to no. 10 in the longest lasting clubs presently in the top 2 Disions.

Be a while before we get higher though, I think the other 9 are all Premiership.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There will be no doomsday scenario, obviously. They take the administartion route, the first chance they get, when the 10 points won't affect them, wipe out all the debts and merrily stroll on as if nothing's happened.
Administration, the new ''Get out of Jail Free" card. Not the worst business model to follow, just look at Palace.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A nasty part of me wants them to be relegated this season so that Palace get to no. 10 in the longest lasting clubs presently in the top 2 Disions.

Be a while before we get higher though, I think the other 9 are all Premiership.

That's the kind of ridiculous stat made up by people who want to be involved in a stat.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Administration, the new ''Get out of Jail Free" card. Not the worst business model to follow, just look at Palace.
We know it's wrong, shouldn't we do something about it? Can't fans put pressure on the FA to treat clubs wiping out debts with measures more in line with their crime?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We know it's wrong, shouldn't we do something about it? Can't fans put pressure on the FA to treat clubs wiping out debts with measures more in line with their crime?
The FA won't want to send their cash cows to the abattoir.

:moo:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its scary how big debts are in football, would companies outside of football be allowed to continue with such debt and losses?

Just asking.......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here