Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

-- Pre-Season Tour --

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I heard they will be undertaking a one week tour of the Black Country. The players will be given the chance to take in such cultural highlights as Mad O'Rourkes world famous Pie Factory in Tipton and Dudley Zoo. They will also will be able to sample the local dishes such as battered chips and ******s and gravy.

There will be a low-key match against Old Wulfrunians at Castlecroft, followed by a showpiece friendly against a Walsall XI at the Bank's stadium.

You heard it here first.

[EDIT] As if the local delicacy has been branded a swear word by NSC's swear filter. That is plain insulting to our hosts.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Vietnam. I'd love to see the Albion running out under the watchful gaze of Ho Chi Minh at Hang Day.

Hang Day.jpg

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wouldn't mind us going to the US or Canada, Barber has links with the MLS and all.

Could be a potential money spinner, especially if we're promoted.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I get excited thinking about pre-Season these days. Gone are the days when we have no exciting games. Since Gus has taken over we have played Sunderland, PSG, Spurs, Chelsea - genuinely quality teams.

The 'MLS' idea is a good one - especially if we get promoted. I wonder how much commercial considerations may dictate a pre-season tour - I doubt this has even been looked at before.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I heard they will be undertaking a one week tour of the Black Country. The players will be given the chance to take in such cultural highlights as Mad O'Rourkes world famous Pie Factory in Tipton and Dudley Zoo. They will also will be able to sample the local dishes such as battered chips and ******s and gravy.

There will be a low-key match against Old Wulfrunians at Castlecroft, followed by a showpiece friendly against a Walsall XI at the Bank's stadium.

You heard it here first.

[EDIT] As if the local delicacy has been branded a swear word by NSC's swear filter. That is plain insulting to our hosts.

I worked in Tipton for 5 years (lived at Brierley Hill, close to the Merry Hill shopping centre).

Happy days.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The 'MLS' idea is a good one - especially if we get promoted. I wonder how much commercial considerations may dictate a pre-season tour - I doubt this has even been looked at before.

Probably not but with Barber at the helm with his many contacts, a tour with commercial considerations this Summer would be fairly likely, could also drum up some new sponsorship deals, along with the club merchandise sales.

Of course the club will need to visit Brighton Beach in NYC - for obvious reasons. Can seriously see this eventually happening, hopefully with some packages for us fans to go out and watch the games too.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Could be quite a short close season if we get to the Play-Off final and don't go up, just over nine weeks.

I get excited thinking about pre-Season these days. Gone are the days when we have no exciting games. Since Gus has taken over we have played Sunderland, PSG, Spurs, Chelsea - genuinely quality teams.

Would link well with the American Express shirt sponsorship deal as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here