Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa interview (spanish)

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Seems like he loves it here!

Ulloa: | En LÃ*nea De Gol

Leonardo Ulloa (26 June 1986, General Roca, Río Negro, Argentina) came to the discipline of the Brighton & Hove Albion in January. Installed in the Championship (English 2nd category), the ensemble directed by Gustavo Poyet is one of the sensations of the tournament for his spectacular play and holds positions of play-off for promotion to lack of six days to the end of the regular tournament. Saturday is measured at the Leicester City (immediate Tracker to two points) at home and cyclone kindly attends in goal line to comment on how the team is and if its adaptation has been as good as it seems.

Goal line: Gustavo Poyet ensures that Saturday may be the most important party of the club [to Leicester City, his closest pursuer] of the past 15 or 20 years. How do they reach the shock?
Leonardo Ulloa: In the last two days we lost a few points that would have brought us much more comfortable and we not suppressed from this match, but as things have been given it has become very important. It is vital to win it to distance ourselves from them, but after that party that we are also will be difficult and we will play much.

ELDG: On a personal level things cannot go you better. Settled as a tip of the team and added 9 goals in 13 games. Did you expect it be so?
Ulloa: I came with high expectations because what I have shown the Club excites me a lot. And I'm trying that same pass in the field. Didn't think I was going to leave as well everything and to make as many goals, but everything has transitioned from a very good form and now the goal is to get the team in the play-off.

ELDG: You spent in the second Division in Spain to the Championship, what for many might bring about a change to the same level, but what does this Championship that makes him so special?
Ulloa: I think that it is different. Here's a lot of people to the field, the stadiums are the majority of Premier League and there are many teams which have been many year in the elite. The infrastructure of the Brighton's Premier and the culture of English football is different to the Spanish or argentina. You could be considered an extension of the Premier League. The day of the Crystal Palace entered nearly 30,000 people and normal Tuesday at eight in the evening come 28,000 to the field, something that in Spain is very difficult nowadays. It's different and football lives in a very passionate way that was a part that I didn't know and I love.

ELDG: how is the atmosphere in The Amex [headquarters of the Brighton and Stadium with more average of viewers of the category with nearly 26,000 fans per game]?
Ulloa: The atmosphere is spectacular, the people are all the time with the team. You're winning 1-0 and it is the 85 minute Harrow remains encouraging, 89 and still the same because he believes in the team and trust us. I try to detach me from the environment, as well as for worse, but listening and feels a lot. The city and the streets are always friendly and then shown in the field. There is possibility to take an important step with this support.

ELDG: So complicated as the Championship Tournament remain strong at home is essential. The Brighton carries without losing The Amex since December 29. It is the key to be on top?
Ulloa: At home we are well and we have been winning the final matches although the latter tied. Now get out of the Leicester, and we won away from home to the leader and the other day against Nottingham Forest tied for us at the last minute. I think that not us it is giving wrong. While we cannot do the same football that I believe that we are also performing well at home following a pretty good line. Follow this line, but Saturday's game is key to win it.

ELDG: does role play that five Spaniards and a technician who speaks Spanish to accept the offer of the Brighton had?
Ulloa: The truth that helped, because the first thing think is adaptation and language [Leo teaches English to follow warming]. Having the technical and the coach who speak the same language, it is very important. About the other players also serves to chat in workouts, do something about life and have leisure. But I wanted to experience another culture and experiences of the football. He was willing to get out to any site that would be a competitive Championship.

ELDG: One of the figures of the Brighton is on the bench for the past which had as a player. What Gustavo Poyet trainer?
Ulloa: It has a very good character for every day. It is very close with the player. But when you have that saying things puts them on the table and expresses them. I'll stick with your closeness and clarity to ask for what you want of each and the team. To train and watch the football, because I think that there are few England teams that try to play the way that we do. Ball to the foot, varies the scheme fairly and is out of the classic 4-4-2 and is the image of the team.

ELDG: Looking back, how did the beginning in the middle of Patagonia in General Roca when he started playing football in Argentina?
Ulloa: I started at sports rock play very small until at age 13-14 I went to the CAI of Comodoro Rivadavia, a club that had a project to try to be at the top and at the age of 16 made my debut at the first national B. I would make contract, but I was with the u-17 national team and talked to the technician Hugo Tocalli and told me that not you could be doing 24-hour bus ride from Comodoro Rivadavia to Buenos Aires always and he recommended me to sign for a club of Buenos Aires. I wanted to San Lorenzo and Racing, and as my family is San Lorenzo fan there I went. I entered the lower categories and 17 training with the first team and made my debut at 18.

ELDG: Up to arrival at CD Castellón did not explode as a striker. How was the departure of Argentina?
Ulloa: I opted out because playing in Argentina things they were leaving me well and I decided to leave because he needed a change. And it was for good. I arrived at Castellón, although in the first matches cost me a lot to change the dry field to one much faster. I was distressed, but everything changed, I went into rhythm of competition and team was third with Abel Resino struggling to rise. Abel had to go to Atletico Madrid and not to continue the same line, but personally it was all great.

ELDG: Signed four seasons and a half with the Brighton, which demonstrates his belief in the project. Are marked rise as immediate goal?
Ulloa: I think that short to medium term it thinks on the rise. They are things moving and growing, and that's what I liked about the project. If now the rise of immediately would be the pump, but importantly would enter the play-off and see what happens.

ELDG: Several players of the staff of the Brighton have already attracted the attention of top clubs. Others include Liam Bridcutt, absolute international with Scotland and a wonder in the spinal cord. How is it?
Ulloa: Liam is a very good player. The first time I came as guest astonished to The Amex before signing for good. It has power and vision of the game. I like how it moves and character that has within the field. It is normal as it is playing that have Premier teams behind him and is with the selection. Another player who was very surprised was Andrea Orlandi. I had never seen anything of it and the truth that surprised me a lot because it has a very good left-handed and great quality. And when he meets Vincent, who is also very good, but already knew it, they do enough damage.

ELDG: Good luck and to achieve their personal and collective goals.
Ulloa: Thank you.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Love those translations. "Liam Bridcutt, absolute international with Scotland and a wonder in the spinal chord"

Well... it was Bing. Wonder what Google would have thrown up.... or indeed a proper translator!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Crikey, that was difficult but entertaining to read.

But you certainly get the gist of it and seems he is very happy here. I love our spinal chord!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Excellent interview, though as someone said quite hard work to make sense of!! I must to confess to the vaguest stirrings of man love (in the healthiest possible sense) towards Leo!

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
Interesting that Ulloa sees move to Brighton as a step up rather than a sideways move in acknowledging that Championship is more comparable to the Prem than the Spanish Second Division in terms of the stature of the teams and the attendances.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Interesting that Ulloa sees move to Brighton as a step up rather than a sideways move in acknowledging that Championship is more comparable to the Prem than the Spanish Second Division in terms of the stature of the teams and the attendances.

He's right, there's a massive difference between the Championship and the Spanish second division. Just in terms of stadiums and crowds the latter always has a smattering of clubs with small grounds (i.e. 5/6,000 capacity), a lot of clubs with league 1 type capacities (c 10,000) and a couple of fallen la liga teams. Max attendances are usually in the 15 - 20,000 range and the average is probably about 7 - 8,000.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Well... it was Bing. Wonder what Google would have thrown up.... or indeed a proper translator!

Leonardo Ulloa (June 26, 1986, General Roca, Black River, Argentina) arrived in January to the discipline of Brighton & Hove Albion. Installed in the Championship (second category English), the group led by Gustavo Poyet is one of the sensations of the tournament for his flashy game and leads the play-off for promotion with six games left in the regular season. Saturday is measured at Leicester City (closest rival to two points) at home and the Cyclone attends kindly goal line to discuss how the team is and whether adaptation has been as good as it looks.

In Goal Line: Gustavo Poyet says that Saturday is arguably the club's biggest game [against Leicester City, his nearest rival] for the last 15 or 20 years. How to reach the crash?
Leonardo Ulloa: In the last two days we lost some points that we would put a lot more comfortable and not dependeríamos of this game, but as things have has become very important. It is vital win to distance ourselves from them, but after that game that we will also become difficult and we'll play a lot.

ELDG: On a personal level you can not get better. Seated as team tip and adds 9 goals in 13 games. Did you expect that?
Ulloa: I came with high expectations for what the club have shown me excites me greatly. And that's exactly what I'm trying to convey in the field. I did not think that would work out so well and that everything was going to make so many goals, but everything is on track in a very good and now the goal is to get the team in the play-off .

ELDG: You went from the second division in Spain to the Championship , which for many could be a change at the same level, but what does this championship makes him so special?
Ulloa: I think it's different. Here's a lot of people to the field, the stadiums are most Premier League and there are many teams that have spent many years in the elite. The infrastructure is Brighton Premier and culture of English football is different than Spanish or Argentina. It could be considered an extension of the Premier League . On the Crystal Palace came almost 30,000 people and normally a Tuesday at eight p.m. come 28,000 a field, which in Spain is very difficult today. It's different and live in a very passionate football, it was a part that I did not know and love.

ELDG: How is the atmosphere at The Amex [Brighton headquarters and stadium with more average viewers of the category with nearly 26,000 fans per game] ?
Ulloa: The setting is spectacular, the people are all the time with the team. 're Winning 1-0 and is 85 minutes and the stand continues to encourage, 89 and still the same because he believes in the team and trust us. I try to abstract the environment, both good and bad, but you hear and feel a lot. The city and the streets are always temperature and then demonstrated in the field. There is possibility to take an important step in this support.

ELDG: In a tournament as complicated as the Championship stay strong at home is essential. The unbeaten Brighton at The Amex since December 29. Is the key to be on top?
Ulloa: At home we are good and we have been winning the last few games but the latter drew. Now it's get the Leicester and away the leader and won the other day against Nottingham Forest drew us at the last minute. I do not think we are being given wrong. While we can not do the same at home football I think we are also doing well following a pretty good line. We must continue this line, but Saturday's game is the key to win.

ELDG: What role did you have five Spanish and Castilian speaking coach to accept the offer of Brighton?
Ulloa: The truth that helped, because the first thing you think about is adaptation and language [Leo teaches English to continue acclimatizing]. Taking the technician and the assistant coach who speak the same language is very important. What the other players also serves to chat during practice, do have some life and entertainment. But I wanted to experience another culture and experiences of football. He was ready to get out to wherever you were a competitive championship.

ELDG: One figure of Brighton is on the bench for the past he had as a player. How is the coach Gustavo Poyet ?
Ulloa: It has a very good character for the day. It is very close to the player. But when you have to tell it puts on the table and expressed. I'll stick with their closeness and clarity to ask for what they want from each and the team. To train and watch football, because I think there are few teams in England trying to play the way we do. Ball on the foot, the scheme varies enough and leaves the classic 4-4-2 and is the team picture.

ELDG: Looking back, what were the beginnings in the Patagonia in General Roca when he started playing football in Argentina?
Ulloa: Deportivo Roca start playing very little until the 13-14 years I went to CAI Comodoro Rivadavia, a club that had a project to try to be on top and at 16 debuted in the Primera B Nacional. I would do the contract, but I was with the U-17 and spoke with coach Hugo Tocalli and told me I could be doing 24 hours by bus from Buenos Aires to Comodoro Rivadavia and always advised me to sign for a club in Buenos Aires. I wanted San Lorenzo and Racing, and as my family is a fan of San Lorenzo was there. I entered the ranks and at 17 he trained with the first team and 18 debuted.

ELDG: Until his arrival at CD Castellón not explode as a scorer. How was the output of Argentina?
Ulloa: I chose to leave because playing in Argentina things were not going well and I decided to leave because he needed a change. And it was for good. I arrived in Castellón, although in the first games cost me a lot to change the field to one dry much faster. I was worried, but everything changed, I went into race pace and the team was third with Abel Resino fighting for promotion. Abel had to leave Atletico Madrid and not continue the same line, but personally it was all great.

ELDG: Signed four seasons with the Brighton, demonstrating their belief in the project. Do you make the ascent immediate objective?
Ulloa: I think the short-medium term thinking promotion. Things are moving on and growing, and that's what I liked about the project. Arriving now rise immediately would pump, but the important thing to get into the playoffs and see what happens.

ELDG: Several players in the squad of Brighton have already attracted the attention of big clubs. Among others, Liam Bridcutt highlights, full international for Scotland and a wonder in midfield. How is it?
Ulloa: Liam is a very good player. The first time I came as a guest to The Amex before signing really surprised me for good. It has power and vision. I like how the character moves and having on the field. It is normal as there are teams playing Premier behind him and be with the selection. Another player who surprised me was Andrea Orlandi. I've never seen any of it and really surprised me a lot because it has a very good left foot and great quality. And when paired with Vicente, which is also very good, but I know him, do enough damage.

ELDG: Good luck and achieve your personal and collective goals.
Ulloa: Thank you.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The Spanish media pick out Bridcutt as the 'very good player' not any of the Spanish lads......... maybe they've been paying attention (or just read that he is a more recent international than El-Abd or PIG)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here