Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oatway would not swap Ulloa for anyone [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oatway would not swap Ulloa for anyone[/h]9:00am Friday 5th April 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2343035.jpg
Leo Ulloa has been hailed as the best striker in the Championship at this time
ALBION marksman Leo Ulloa has been hailed as the best centre-forward in the Championship.
First team coach Charlie Oatway says he would not swap the Argentinian for anyone in the promotion run-in, including Glenn Murray.
Former Seagull Glenn Murray has spearheaded Crystal Palace’s challenge with 30 goals but has not scored in six of the last seven games.
Oatway believes the all-round contribution and workrate of Ulloa, who has hit nine goals in 13 outings since his January move from Spanish club Almeria, gives him the edge.
Oatway told The Argus: “I wouldn’t swap Leo for anybody in the Championship centre-forward wise, including Glenn. I am not talking about what he has done, I am talking about the run-in now.
“I would take Leo. I think he gives you a lot more all around the pitch. I was here when Glenn first came to the club, so I know him inside out.
“I am not overly surprised that he has gone and got so many goals, because he is capable of scoring goals.
“But, on the other side, would I take him in front of Leo? No I wouldn’t, it was a fantastic bit of business done by Gus (Poyet) and the chairman.
“He is better than the clips I saw and he is getting better every game that I see him in.
“If you have got your backs against the wall a little bit he throws himself about, he holds the ball up for you, he runs around a little bit more than Glenn.”
Oatway’s accolade for Ulloa coincides with the return of Kiwi centre-forward Chris Wood with play-off rivals Leicester at The Amex tomorrow.
The former loan signing scored twice for Millwall at The Amex in December and was linked with Albion before joining Leicester for £2 million in January.
Wood scored nine goals in his first nine appearances but has drawn a blank in his last seven matches for the faltering Foxes.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here