Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Osborne,does he have a point ?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I think we all know of few families that pump out more kids than they can afford...to you know...cough cough...claim child benefits!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Probably the most cynical and disgusting peice of political opportunism in my lifetime, I think and hope that it will backfire big time, children died for Christ sake and all that idiot can do is make a point that he was on benefits.
Its worse than that labour woman saying its a good day to announce unpopular policy the day that Diana died.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Did Fred West chop up his kids because he was a builder? To even suggest people on benefits are more likely to kill their own kids is pretty insulting to be fair!

franks brother

Seem to recall that Ian Huntley had a full time job as a caretaker....Harold Shipman was a doctor...Fred West a builder....Peter Sutcliffe a truck driver...Jimmy Savile a TV presenter....

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Disgusting to use something like this for political gain and justify whatever he wants. There are problems and flaws of course but to demonise the entire welfare system based on one sick individual is ridiculous, opportunistic and unfair. Regardless of any political affiliation, whether I am left, centralist or right wing, and whether he is labour, lib dem or tory, that's a horrid comment and he shows himself up to be what everyone knows...a clueless, out of his depth toff with a determination to piss on the poor while he ***** around atop his golden pedastal.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The case is awful, dreadful, shocking and Mick Philpot is an evil man who should rot in jail, and never, ever see the light of day agai.

There are people in this country who get too much from the State in the way of income.

Should the two be linked. No.

Should there be a debate about our Welfare system. Yes.

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
The case is awful, dreadful, shocking and Mick Philpot is an evil man who should rot in jail, and never, ever see the light of day agai.

There are people in this country who get too much from the State in the way of income.

Should the two be linked. No.

Should there be a debate about our Welfare system. Yes.
They should all rot in jail,but in time they will all be released no doubt new id's living off the state and rehoused.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
No but what else would you expect from someone who's never worked in the real world in his life? He's living on benefits too- the benefits of a privileged background and a taxpayer funded life in Parliament.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Probably the most cynical and disgusting peice of political opportunism in my lifetime, I think and hope that it will backfire big time, children died for Christ sake and all that idiot can do is make a point that he was on benefits.
Its worse than that labour woman saying its a good day to announce unpopular policy the day that Diana died.

this
the boy is a sniveling little turd who makes me :sick:

Feb 3, 2013
Yes he does. If I was him I'd say you can only claim 2 kids on benefits not 17, FFS. There are family's out there who'd love to have one child but can't as they can't afford it whereas these fecking vermin pump kids out like a production line as they know they'll reap the reawrds. Thanks Labour bunch of useless coccks.

Enough is enough.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Yes he does. If I was him I'd say you can only claim 2 kids on benefits not 17, FFS. There are family's out there who'd love to have one child but can't as they can't afford it whereas these fecking vermin pump kids out like a production line as they know they'll reap the reawrds. Thanks Labour bunch of useless coccks.

Enough is enough.

No, he doesn't have a point, as families of that size are extreme examples of playing the welfare system. To link child deaths to perceived generous welfare benefits shows just how nasty the tory scum really are.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Enough is enough.

You have the vote of the SILENT MAJORITY.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here