Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contracts expiring this summer, worried????

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Brezovan
Ankergren
Greer
Dunk
El-Abd
Bridge
Upson
Hammond
Calderon
Bridcutt
Dicker
Lopez
Vicente
Hoskins
Barnes

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I really would be s***ing myself if Bridcutt's expires this summer.
Good job it doesn't.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Brezovan - NO
Ankergren - NO
Greer - YES
Dunk - NO
El-Abd - YES
Bridge - Different Situation
Upson - See above
Hammond - Not needed
Calderon - Yes
Bridcutt - N/A
Dicker - NO
Lopez - YES
Vicente - Just for his influence
Hoskins - YES
Barnes- YES

I'd keep those with YES next to their names.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Brezovan
Ankergren
I think one of these two will stay as a No.2 with a development squad lad as no.3. Not many keepers around who are better that would be happy being an understudy.
Greer
Dunk
El-Abd
Not sure - Dunk went from being in the England U21 squad and being watched by the big teams to absolutely nowhere, via a public court case. If he could recapture his form from last season he is definitely worth a new deal (depending on the result of his retrial), certainly as one of four CBs. Greer and El-Abd are difficult ones...if we go up I think they'll be released but if we stay in the Championship they'll surely be worth new deals, neither will be amongst our highest earners I wouldn't have thought, and with FFP coming in, cheaper 'options' could be key.
Bridge
Upson
If the papers are to be believed, Cardiff are after Bridge if they get promoted. Simple really - we both go up, we could stand a chance as he is settled (although they could no doubt pay more). If we stay in this division he'll be off. Can't see Upson staying but happy to be proved wrong, although anything more than a 1yr rolling deal would be a mistake at this stage of his career IMO.
Would be surprised if he didn't sign permanently either way.
SURELY worth another year or two. Such a great ambassador, true pro, adaptable and versatile, doesn't moan when a backup and reliable when required as first pick. Hope we get him his badges here too, then move him behind the scenes when he retires.
Signed a new deal already. Would offer him another one though if it only runs to 2014. About twenty years should do the trick.
A Gus player, divisive I know, never going to be first pick but not an expensive option and one of the more expansive passers in the squad (Lopez/Vicente aside). If we're promoted he has no chance but if we stay in the division he might be worth a go as a squad player.
Sign him up. Do it now.
:lolol: Love watching him but sod all chance of him staying.
We have a history of sticking by injured players, can see him being allowed to prove his fitness and given a 6-month contract or something.
Can. Of. Worms. As a long-time supporter of him I am growing tired of his petulance, but this is not to say the anti-Barnes brigade are right about his ability (or, in their opinion, lack thereof). If we stay down, IMO he's worth a contract as 3rd choice behind Ulloa/CMS as he is not earning big money. As terms he should be required to attend compulsory anger management seminars on a weekly basis though. If we go up, seeya later.

In conclusion - a huge amount depends on what division we're in.

If we go up we could be looking at a very large turnover of personnel.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Brezovan
Ankergren

Time for them both to move on. We need to find one keeper who can push PIG and rely on the new young lad as 3rd choice.

Dunk
El-Abd

Keep both but not as 1st choices unless we are promoted and then I would just keep Dunk. Dunk has had a poor season but the potential is there and he would be cheap. I would give him 2/3 years and if he can't breakthrough by the end of next season, sell.

Bridge
Upson

I'd take both if we can, providing the wages aren't too high. Great experience if we are in the PL and top players at this level.

Hammond

Yes in the Championship, no if we are PL.

Calderon

Yes on a 1 year deal.

Bridcutt

If we can keep him, we should do whatever it takes...

Dicker

Borderline. Not going to be 1st choice again, but squad players at good wages are hard to find...

Lopez

Disappointed that we haven't already sorted this. Big priority for me.

Vicente

If he wants to yes of course.

Hoskins

Harsh but it's a no from me. Even when he gets fit, is he really going to get into our side?

Barnes

Sign him. Forget the haters, he is relatively cheap, scores goals, can cover a few positions and if it doesn't work out still has a considerable re-sell value. No brainer

Assuming that we don't go up, I think our best XI if possibly a goalscoring midfielder from being a promotion side. Where we have come up short is squad players and legs away from home. I would be looking for good youngsters from PL clubs and emerging players from the lower divisions to try and add to what we have already, which is very very good IMO...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Are you sure? I can't find anything to say he did??
Well he did. I remember reading about it on the official site.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Brezovan - Get rid
Ankergren - Get rid
Greer 1 year deal
Dunk Depends on court case but i would like to keep
El-Abd 1 year deal
Bridge 2 year deal
Upson - Get rid
Hammond - Get Rid
Calderon 1 year deal
Bridcutt Already under cobtract
Dicker - Get rid
Lopez - 1 year deal
Vicente - Get rid
Hoskins - Get rid
Barnes 1 year deal

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If we are promoted most of them will stay. If not...well, we will see...

I bloody well hope not

I would keep all the defenders and midfielders the rest can go!

If we are to keep strengthening I think we have to look for a new CB pairing. We don't ship goals but that's as much to do with Bridcutt as it is with Greer or El Abd who are both very suspect too often. Dunk may step up?

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes-Cover for Prem or a starter in Championship
El-Abd
Calderon
Barnes
Hammond

Yes-if we can get them on the right wage
Bridge
Upson
Vicente

Yes ..yes...yes-Whatever League
Bridcutt
Lopez

Flip of a coin
Hoskins

No To all the rest IMO.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brezovan - release
Ankergren - release
Greer - release
Dunk - new contract
El-Abd - new contract
Bridge - try to sign
Upson - try to sign
Hammond - return
Calderon - new contract
(Bridcutt - contracted anyway)
Dicker - release
Lopez - new contract
Vicente - new contract
Hoskins - release
Barnes - new contract

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bridge - I know I'm being a silly old romantic duffer, but here goes:-

WB has earned oodles of cash, and fingers crossed he hasn't spent it all on sweets.
With that he received very little happiness, and has alluded to depression.

His life at Brighton has improved dramatically, close to London, Gatwick, and his original home.

It's just a shame the pay gap is going to be something stooopid like £50k a week.
Because I'd like to think the club has done more for Wayne than just have him play football.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Lose Dicker, Hoskins & Brez. Try to keep the rest for a bit of depth (assuming they are affordable). Do all we can to keep Vicente, Lopez & get Upson & Bridge in on 1yr deals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here