Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tragedy of loving Hove couple's suicide pact gone wrong

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The story brought tears to my eyes. Truly sad.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why are so many words hyphenated?

In the weeks before she died the couple gave away £2,500 to a prostate cancer charity and £6,000 to members of their family, pre- tending they had won the cash on premium bonds.

They also cancelled their sub- scription to Sky TV along with their car insurance, leaving just enough money to cover the cost of their funerals.

At midnight on Sunday, Novem- ber 25, 71-year-old Marion told her ailing husband he had to kill her straight away before he became “too weak”.

When she lay down on the bed, he took a pillow and held it over her nose and mouth until she died.

The following morning Mr Saun- ders wrote two goodbye notes to friends and family signed “Love Mar- ion and Fred” before trying to end his own life - but his suicide bid failed.

After four “confusing and trau- matic” days alone in the flat he called 999, telling the operator: “We agreed we would go together. I took an over- dose but it didn’t work so I thought it would be better to have her body taken away.”​

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Terribly sad, and ruined by the poor journalism with words together and hyphens. Actually made me angry.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why did he wait till the next morning to write letters to the family then if they were going to go together? Bit weird to kill your wife, then go to bed for the night and do yours in the morning. If he was happy with an overdose, why didn't she do the same at the same time? Sad and tragic.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
a very,very sad story
RIP

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

Possibly because it was written in narrow columns (ie like a newspaper) then just copied and pasted onto the site. Makes sense as even a monkey would know that none of those words needs hyphenating.

Edit: Actually having read the article..none of those words are hyphenated on my screen!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

In the weeks before she died the couple gave away £2,500 to a prostate cancer charity and £6,000 to members of their family, pre- tending they had won the cash on premium bonds.

They also cancelled their sub- scription to Sky TV along with their car insurance, leaving just enough money to cover the cost of their funerals.

At midnight on Sunday, Novem- ber 25, 71-year-old Marion told her ailing husband he had to kill her straight away before he became “too weak”.

When she lay down on the bed, he took a pillow and held it over her nose and mouth until she died.

The following morning Mr Saun- ders wrote two goodbye notes to friends and family signed “Love Mar- ion and Fred” before trying to end his own life - but his suicide bid failed.

After four “confusing and trau- matic” days alone in the flat he called 999, telling the operator: “We agreed we would go together. I took an over- dose but it didn’t work so I thought it would be better to have her body taken away.”​
Get-a-life.
Very sad story and all you can come up with hyphenated words!

Stumpy Tim

The only good thing about that story is that he died ten days later. I'm not sure it's sad - sounds like two people using rational thought about when to end their life. It's actually pretty brave and hats off to them

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here