Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article on Bruno in Diari De Tarragona

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Sorry if fxtures, but I picked up on this article on Bruno and life in the UK (in Spanish):

La aventura inglesa de BrunoDiari de Tarragona

If you want a laugh, the Google translate version is below:

"After completing his tour in Valencia, Bruno Saltor, 32, decided at the end of last season a new adventure professional and personal, to go to English football, particularly at Brighton & Hove Albion, the Championship (second division English ). He explains that "taking eight months living in Brighton & Hove with my wife Rachel, my son and my daughter Adriana Pol of 9 months." Bruno confesses that "England has changed our lives over times. Here we eat and ate quickly, and still having school children. " The ebrense keeps saying "when I do not play, try to walk when the weather allows us, because according to the time of year it is very cold. We do everything as a family, and we try to go to London once every two weeks. "
A great experience
After a few months since his move to England, Bruno explains that "the language we have spent a lot of anecdotes and funny moments we've been through. One of them was at Christmas when we went to church with my parents and live a Mass in English. I'll never forget my mother's face ... Also, at first, every time we went to buy, was an adventure. " The ebrense notes that "every day I learn English, is a challenge for me, and now I defend myself pretty well." In this adventure that is living, Bruno says that "the better the experience, learning a language, meet new people, see my son as adapted as English speaking, some football here and their environment ... . In contrast, the worst part is being away from family, especially when you have kids, because they can be with their grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins ​​... But I have clear that this is temporary and I enjoy every day as if it were your last. "
Well sportingly
Bruno signed for two seasons and is "happy here." The Brighton & Hove Albion is a club that is growing fast and, according to Bruno, "aims to raise short-term. The season is still good, but a bit spotty. Right now we are in the objective is to dispute the playoffs. Each week is filled the stadium with 27,000 people and are expanding. It's crazy. " Since arriving, the of Mora d'Ebre is playing, "manager Gustavo Poyet has always trusted me and gives me freedom. I'm enjoying football as I had not made it. " About how you live football on English soil, Bruno notes that "England is not Spain in this regard. People will live long in the field, and out of it is quieter. "
About relations with the other team, Bruno notes that "we are five Spanish and Argentine, as usual, is with them most of the talking. Among the Spanish is Vicente Rodriguez, with which we agree in Valencia, and we have a great friendship. The English are very polite with us and breathe a great atmosphere. " The taste is morense today and therefore not hesitate to say that "not contemplate returning to Spain to play, even for living, for sure."
Bruno is focused on his team, but also looks at other Spanish players playing in England, one of whom is Angel Rangel, who became champion of the League Cup with his team, Swansea, a few days ago, " I am delighted for him. Angel has done and is doing a great race and history in England and Wales. He deserves it because he was a brave player. "

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We're at the players kit sponsors dinner next week with Bruno, I know a bit of Spanish, but I believe he writes his Tweets & FB in Catalan, how much difference is there? I need to be able to ask him to go and get "dos cervezas, y algo por ti mismo"

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
"People will live long in the field" - maybe this was true 700 years ago, but most people today are more demanding. Goats, however, live well on scrubby grassland.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
After completing his time in Valencia, Bruno Saltor, 32, decided at the end of last season to start a new professional and personal adventure, to leave for English football, specifically at Brighton & Hove Albion, in the Championship (English second division ). "We've lived in Brighton & Hove for eight months; with my wife Rachel, my son Pol and my nine-month old daughter Adriana." Bruno confesses that "England has changed our life regarding schedules. Here we eat lunch and dinner very early, having school-age children. " He goes on to say, "When I'm not playing, we try to walk when the weather allows, because at this time of year it is very cold. We do everything as a family, and we try to go to London once every two weeks."

A great experience

A few months after his departure for England, Bruno explains that, "We've had some funny experiences with the language, some enjoyable moments. One of them was at Christmas when we went to church with my parents to a Mass in English. I will never forget my mother's face ... Also, at first, every time we went shopping was an adventure. " He points out, "Learning English every day is a challenge for me, and now I do pretty well." In this adventure he's living, Bruno says that, "It's the best experience, to learn a language, to meet new people, to see my son as adapting and how he speaks English, to enjoy football here and the atmosphere... . In contrast, the worst thing is being away from the family, especially when you have kids, because they can't be with their grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins... But I know this is temporary, and I enjoy every day as if it were the last."

Going well sport-wise

Bruno signed for two seasons and is "happy here". Brighton & Hove Albion is a club that is growing a lot and, according to Bruno, "Its goal is to go up in the short term. The season is going well, but a bit uneven. Right now we are on target to reach the playoffs. Each week the stadium is full with 27,000 people and that's growing. It's crazy." Since arriving, the man from Mora d'Ebre is playing, "Manager Gustavo Poyet has always trusted me and gives me freedom. I'm enjoying football like I never have. " As for football in England, Bruno notes that "England is not Spain in this sense. People come alive in the ground, but away from it they're calmer."

Close to his teammates, Bruno points out, "There are five Spanish and Argentine, as is normal I speak more with them. Among the Spaniards is Vicente Rodriguez, whom I knew in Valencia, and we have a great friendship. The English are very polite with us and generate a great atmosphere." The Morense (???) are comfortable now and so do not hesitate to say that he's, "Not contemplating returning to Spain to play, but to live, sure."
Bruno is focused on his team, but also looks at other Spanish players playing in England, one of whom is Angel Rangel, who won the League Cup with his team, Swansea, a few days ago. "I am delighted for him. Angel has had, and is having, a great career in England and Wales. He deserves it because he's been a brave player."

'El Ebrese' probably means 'The man from Mora d'Ebre' or something similar. There won't be a direct translation. Similarly with 'Morense' - I don't know what that means, it's probably some sort of slang with similar meaning.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
After completing his time in Valencia, Bruno Saltor, 32, decided at the end of last season to start a new professional and personal adventure, to leave for English football, specifically at Brighton & Hove Albion, in the Championship (English second division ). "We've lived in Brighton & Hove for eight months; with my wife Rachel, my son Pol and my nine-month old daughter Adriana." Bruno confesses that "England has changed our life regarding schedules. Here we eat lunch and dinner very early, having school-age children. " He goes on to say, "When I'm not playing, we try to walk when the weather allows, because at this time of year it is very cold. We do everything as a family, and we try to go to London once every two weeks."

A great experience

A few months after his departure for England, Bruno explains that, "We've had some funny experiences with the language, some enjoyable moments. One of them was at Christmas when we went to church with my parents to a Mass in English. I will never forget my mother's face ... Also, at first, every time we went shopping was an adventure. " He points out, "Learning English every day is a challenge for me, and now I do pretty well." In this adventure he's living, Bruno says that, "It's the best experience, to learn a language, to meet new people, to see my son as adapting and how he speaks English, to enjoy football here and the atmosphere... . In contrast, the worst thing is being away from the family, especially when you have kids, because they can't be with their grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins... But I know this is temporary, and I enjoy every day as if it were the last."

Going well sport-wise

Bruno signed for two seasons and is "happy here". Brighton & Hove Albion is a club that is growing a lot and, according to Bruno, "Its goal is to go up in the short term. The season is going well, but a bit uneven. Right now we are on target to reach the playoffs. Each week the stadium is full with 27,000 people and that's growing. It's crazy." Since arriving, the man from Mora d'Ebre is playing, "Manager Gustavo Poyet has always trusted me and gives me freedom. I'm enjoying football like I never have. " As for football in England, Bruno notes that "England is not Spain in this sense. People come alive in the ground, but away from it they're calmer."

Close to his teammates, Bruno points out, "There are five Spanish and Argentine, as is normal I speak more with them. Among the Spaniards is Vicente Rodriguez, whom I knew in Valencia, and we have a great friendship. The English are very polite with us and generate a great atmosphere." The Morense (???) are comfortable now and so do not hesitate to say that he's, "Not contemplating returning to Spain to play, but to live, sure."
Bruno is focused on his team, but also looks at other Spanish players playing in England, one of whom is Angel Rangel, who won the League Cup with his team, Swansea, a few days ago. "I am delighted for him. Angel has had, and is having, a great career in England and Wales. He deserves it because he's been a brave player."

'El Ebrese' probably means 'The man from Mora d'Ebre' or something similar. There won't be a direct translation. Similarly with 'Morense' - I don't know what that means, it's probably some sort of slang with similar meaning.

Thanks [MENTION=391]Herne Hill Seagull[/MENTION]:)------It all becomes clear :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here