Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who goes this summer?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
No doubt Gus will be drawing up his shopping list for the next transfer window but who shall make way? Note: my list is of the people who I think WILL go not neccessarily the player who I want to go (though a fair few are on there). The list is as follows:

Brezovan
Hoskins
Ankergren
Dicker
Agdestein

I haven't included Barnes because despite his poor disciplinary record, Gus seems to love him and is always prepared to give him a second chance. Agdestein is there because even though he is at the age where he could be playing, he doesn't even make the bench anymore. Ankergren....I think we all know why!
Post your thoughts below

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I can't see both Ankergren and Brezovan going - we need a backup keeper. Unless the young lad we signed from Plymouth is good enough(?). I think Hoskins will get a chance in pre-season - he hasn't had a run in the team yet and is clearly capable of scoring. It just a shame that every time he looks like he is about to hit form, he gets injured.

I think Dicker will stay. He is unspectacular, but he seems to be a player that Gus values.

I can see Harley going (or have we already released him?). It will be interesting to see what happens with Painter - we need backup, but is he happy being so far down the pecking order?

I agree about Barnes. Gus clearly values him, if the club have any sense they will be sending him on some kind of anger management therapy/course.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I can't see both Ankergren and Brezovan going - we need a backup keeper. Unless the young lad we signed from Plymouth is good enough(?). I think Hoskins will get a chance in pre-season - he hasn't had a run in the team yet and is clearly capable of scoring. It just a shame that every time he looks like he is about to hit form, he gets injured.

I think Dicker will stay. He is unspectacular, but he seems to be a player that Gus values.

I can see Harley going (or have we already released him?). It will be interesting to see what happens with Painter - we need backup, but is he happy being so far down the pecking order?

I agree about Barnes. Gus clearly values him, if the club have any sense they will be sending him on some kind of anger management therapy/course.

Completely forgot Harley (unsurprisingly)! He is sure for the chop what with so much quality in midfield. Painter was a tricky one, I did think about including him but unless Gus is going to give a chance to that youth squad guy (can't spell the name) or we keep Bridge I can see him leaving. With Dicker I think it all depends if Hammond and Bridcutt stay, Bridcutt is the undisputed first choice for the holding role but if Hammond is for keeps he can be the backup to Bridders and I think then there will be no need for Dicker. Don't forget also that his contract is up in the summer.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Depends on a couple of things.

Which league are we in?

Who is the manager?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Difficult to tell until we know what division we will be playing in.

Indeed - and also difficult to tell when there's the possibility of our current Manager doing an offski after the season finishes...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At this present time

Ankergren
Brezovan
Painter
Harley
Dicker
Barnes
Hoskins

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Can anyone confirm?

1. Who we have on loan. Bridge, Upson and Hammond, have I missed anyone?
2. Who is out of contract?.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Difficult to tell until we know what division we will be playing in.

Obviously there will be more in the kitty if we get promoted but look at the players who have come to us whilst still a championship club Vicente, Bridge, Ulloa, Spanish Dave etc. Players recognize our potential and want to be part of that.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Indeed - and also difficult to tell when there's the possibility of our current Manager doing an offski after the season finishes...

For the sake of this discussion we'll assume Gus will stay and direct our transfers

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Can anyone confirm?

1. Who we have on loan. Bridge, Upson and Hammond, have I missed anyone?
2. Who is out of contract?.

The three you've mentioned are our only Loanees and with regards to the contracts, I think there are quite a few who are out in the summer, El-Abd, Lopez, Vicente and Dicker off the top of my head.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Yes I think this is the worrying thing if we don't get promotion. Gus might come to the conclusion that unless more funds are available for that bit of extra quality to add to the squad he may well go, and our best players follow him to his new club. I hope not, it would be a great loss

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brez
Painter
Toby (though am more than a bit disappointed it hasn't worked for him this season)
Harley (paid up)
Vicente
Barker
Rogers
Kasem
Sampayo

I have a feeling Dicker will go as well as JFC may be seen as a replacement.
Greer - fence

I doubt the club will get rid of Hoskins or CMS whilst they are injured. If they were fit, I think CMS would be sold.

Hope we sign:
Bridge
Lopez
Upson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here