Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente: It's advantage Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Vicente: It's advantage Albion[/h] 9:30am Thursday 4th April 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2395192.jpg
Vicente goes close to a late winner against Charlton
Vicente relished the prospect of a play-off six-pointer at The Amex and told Albion fans: “It’s all in our hands.”
The Spanish playmaker threw a positive light on the frustrating 0-0 draw with Charlton on Tuesday.
Now he wants to put more distance between the Seagulls and seventh-placed Leicester, whom they lead by two points ahead of their showdown on Saturday.
Vicente said: “We deserved to beat Charlton but it wasn’t one of those draws that felt like a defeat.
“We got an important point. The teams just behind us haven’t had great results either.
“We all wanted to win on Tuesday and build an advantage over the teams behind us.
“But it’s still all in our hands and I know the home fans will support us a lot as they always do.
“We are playing our direct rivals, Leicester. The advantage is ours. We are at home, we are playing well at home, we are creating chances.”
Vicente felt “well but tired” after playing the full game against Charlton. It was only his third full 90 minutes of Championship action this season.
He said: “I’m fit. My target is the same as every player and every supporter – to get in the play-offs.
“Then we will see what happens. Hopefully we will go up.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here