Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite Albion moment at the Amex?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
For me it was the day I tried my first Steak and ale Pie! :moo:

Beating Palace 3-0 was ok too........

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Buckley v Donny, followed by Poyet pissing himself at Zaha spitting his dummy out :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Buckleys goal. Imo never will there be a more memorable winner / important game in one respect. We announced 'Brighton are back!' in fine style...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Seeing as I couldn't make it to the Donny game, I'll have to say any either Southampton, Palace (the good one) or Ulloa's hattrick against Huddersfield. Beating Newcastle and Sunderland was pretty good too. I yelled so much when CMS scored against Sunderland that I gave myself migraines for the next month or two!

Jameson

Donny; everything was perfect. The weather, the opposition, the flags, the result and the timing of the goals, the atmosphere, the beer, the pies, our lovely stadium, the press coverage, the journey in on the train, the drinks after the game, the journey home on the train, my wife being there with me, my friends being there with me; It's such a perfect day.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The opening game vs Doncaster. It will take a very very special occasion to beat that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we are talking MOMENTS rather than entire matches, then the following spring to mind;

The moment immediately before kick off v Donny. GOSBTS, all the flags waving. Amazing.

Buckley's winner in that game.

Vicente's incredible run and shot v Derby.

Dan Harding's torment, and subsequent emotional breakdown and substitution.

David's free kick v Palace.

The third v Palace. The moment you actually KNEW we'd won.

In a recent game - Bridcutt's little pirouette past 3 players to get out of trouble. Laughter and appreciation all at once.

Odd one maybe, but the moment in the 9 man Burnley game, when something in the crowd clicked. The atmosphere was amazing

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Buckley's unexpected icing on the cake, of his second goal against Doncaster.

We were heading for defeat, but it didn't matter too much, due to the occasion of finally getting a home in an incredible stadium but Buckley's class and coolness capped it all.

Also memorable:
last ditch winners against Leicester and Forest (Wes Morgan and his teammates crestfallen on both occasions)

The one man counter attack and winner by Buckley versus Newcastle in 2012.

Ulloa's great third versus Huddersfield.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
My favourite moment is when I've climbed all the steps to the west upper get my breath back and can then look forward to the game

All the obvious moments that everyone else has mentioned but another one for me was when we were losing 2-0 to Leeds last year and then scored 3 goals kicking into the north in the second half the atmos was unbelievable the ground just erupted if Leeds hadn't scored a late equaliser I think a lot of people would have said that game was their favourite from the first season at the Amex

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
1. As others have mentioned our first league game against Doncaster
2 The Burnley game. (the great escape)
3. This season Beating our rivals palarse (The St Patrick's Day Massacre)

My favourite moment is when I've climbed all the steps to the west upper get my breath back and can then look forward to the game

All the obvious moments that everyone else has mentioned but another one for me was when we were losing 2-0 to Leeds last year and then scored 3 goals kicking into the north in the second half the atmos was unbelievable the ground just erupted if Leeds hadn't scored a late equaliser I think a lot of people would have said that game was their favourite from the first season at the Amex

Including spells against palace and Liverpool i think during theses three games we played our best football so far at the amex:thumbsup:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
One of these I think

Open and closing sequences v Doncaster
Applauding team off after hammering Palarse and not being half way home
Togetherness v Burnley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here