Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Youth: Albion 0 Bristol City 0

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Simon Rusk was content with his side’s display in their stalemate against Bristol City.Albion’s youth side were held to a 0-0 draw in a game they controlled, but were unable to find that decisive touch in front of goal.
Rusk told seagulls.co.uk “It was a very good performance; we deserved to win the game and we were far more assertive with our attacking.
“In recent weeks we have dominated possession but we have struggled to be effective with it, but this week we struck up a nice balance of good possession and effective possession and there was some good end product.
“We created enough chances and we should have won the game comfortably really. But I was happy with the way we played and I was also happy from a defensive point of view, so I was pleased.
Albion came close on numerous occasions. Charlie Harris was unable to make a connection in the first half as the ball flashed across the Bristol goal, and Jimmy Muitt was only denied by the City keeper when through one-on-one.
Harris then had a long-range strike which went close in the second half but along with numerous half chances the Seagulls were unable to break the deadlock.
Rusk said, “We had three strong chances to score and on another day they go in and you win. Unfortunately we didn’t have that bit of clinical finishing to claim the three points but the overall display was good.”
Albion: Walton (GK); Barry, Rea, Lall, Maguire-Drew; Benham, Asmundsson (Pring 70), Wiltshire (Peake 68); Harris, Deen (Levy 65), Muitt. Subs not used: Colquhoun (GK), Cooper, Rowe-Hurst.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here