Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Year in the Champioship - Much Stronger?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Can't see Blackburn, Wolves and Bolton being as inconsistent as they have been this year. If Bolton don't sneak into the play offs this year, they will certainly be up there next season. Same goes for Leicester.

Add to that Reading, QPR plus one other from the Prem, and I think it will be a much stronger League next season.

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
Can't see Blackburn, Wolves and Bolton being as inconsistent as they have been this year. If Bolton don't sneak into the play offs this year, they will certainly be up there next season. Same goes for Leicester.

Add to that Reading, QPR plus one other from the Prem, and I think it will be a much stronger League next season.

And take away Cardiff, Watford, etc. It'll be about the same.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Some teams like Ipswich seem to have got stronger as the seasons gone on but if that's the case Barnsley should win the league next season.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

But people were saying exactly the same last year. I think people overestimate the strength of relegated teams and forget that each year by definition 3 of the strongest sides leave the division.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Can we finish this season first lol

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On the plus side :

FFP will mean that teams like Leicester, Leeds, and Forest will have to slash playing budgets more than most I imagine.

Birmingham, Middlesbrough, and Burnley will also be 8 million worse off from reduced parachute payments.

Watford will not be able to loan in half of Udinese.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But people were saying exactly the same last year. I think people overestimate the strength of relegated teams and forget that each year by definition 3 of the strongest sides leave the division.

Very much this. People always read way too much into historically big names as well.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
The relegated sides will look compleaty different by the time they start next season, so many players will jump ship, not admitting that they were not good enough for the premiership and the sides coming up Will not add too much value in my opinion.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

Spot on. The expectation and thus the pressure on the relegated sides to bounce straight up is always immense, ditto the 'big' teams that didn't make it this year, and whilst we would be happy with being seventh at Christmas (I'm talking realistic fans here obviously) for the relegated/big sides it's seen as abject failure. Also nowadays at least one of the relegated sides is always a complete basketcase and it takes a couple of seasons for them to revive - if they don't drop straight through.

Next year some teams will be stronger and some will be weaker, pretty much the same as every year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here