Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks from a Charlton Fan

Addick1905

Apr 3, 2013
Been a visitor on this site for a while now, But i just wanted to say thank you for a great day out, was speaking to a few Albion fans on the train and bus and seem like a great bunch, with great banter too. Also you were great when you came down to the Valley allways look forward to Brightons visit.
As in game wise yesterday i thought you were very unlucky and on another day you may of even scored 3 or 4. But Powell had a tactic (Parking the bus) which worked a treat last night, many football fans will call it boring, but in football, teams like us have to play this way in order to get something from the game , which shows huge amount of Respect towards you guys. Cracking stadium too absolutly beautiful, much better than the Withdean which was a nightmare last time i was down. Overall estatic with the point as many of our fans were fearing the worse.

Good luck with the play-offs which i'm sure you'll make and beat the palace scum if you do end up playing them. If not i hope we'll be seeing you next year ! All the best

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think "parking the bus" is harsh on Powell and your team, who did a great job on us all over the pitch.

He seemed a great tactician. There is a thread on here somewhere where a lot of us are saying as much.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Been a visitor on this site for a while now, But i just wanted to say thank you for a great day out, was speaking to a few Albion fans on the train and bus and seem like a great bunch, with great banter too. Also you were great when you came down to the Valley allways look forward to Brightons visit.
As in game wise yesterday i thought you were very unlucky and on another day you may of even scored 3 or 4. But Powell had a tactic (Parking the bus) which worked a treat last night, many football fans will call it boring, but in football, teams like us have to play this way in order to get something from the game , which shows huge amount of Respect towards you guys. Cracking stadium too absolutly beautiful, much better than the Withdean which was a nightmare last time i was down. Overall estatic with the point as many of our fans were fearing the worse.

Good luck with the play-offs which i'm sure you'll make and beat the palace scum if you do end up playing them. If not i hope we'll be seeing you next year ! All the best

Cheers buddy. :thumbsup:

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Very accurate summery and genuinely nice post so thanks, you're a credit to you're teams support!

Stumpy Tim

I'm baffled why people seem to think Charlton's game plan worked so well last night. We missed a catalogue of chances, some of them sitters. They clung on to a draw with luck and an excellent goalkeeping display. Nothing tactically clever about that.

Well done for getting a point, never have I wanted Clowntown Pathetic to win a game but yesterday was an exception
Anyway Thanks for the 6 points this year :thumbsup:

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
I'm baffled why people seem to think Charlton's game plan worked so well last night. We missed a catalogue of chances, some of them sitters. They clung on to a draw with luck and an excellent goalkeeping display. Nothing tactically clever about that.

Yep, including buckley the would be centre forward!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton

Impressed with Charlton's performance, attitude, manager and supporters.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well done for getting a point, never have I wanted Clowntown Pathetic to win a game but yesterday was an exception

Palace fan comes on Brighton forum to goad Charlton fan. Oh dear.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

You just can't resist infecting a Brighton thread can you
judu7a3e.jpg

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Fantastic rendition from both fans of Stand Up If You Hate Palace, early in the game.

Normally bored to tears with than banal chant, but both sets singing it at once, was hilarious.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think "parking the bus" is harsh on Powell and your team, who did a great job on us all over the pitch.

He seemed a great tactician. There is a thread on here somewhere where a lot of us are saying as much.
Have you seen their league position ?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Very impressed by the great variety of songs about palace I heard on the train, including some very nasty, libellous and sickening ones about Simon Jordan.

I concede, you do hate palace more than us.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Very impressed by the great variety of songs about palace I heard on the train, including some very nasty, libellous and sickening ones about Simon Jordan.

I concede, you do hate palace more than us.

Is this possible??

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Fantastic rendition from both fans of Stand Up If You Hate Palace, early in the game.

Normally bored to tears with than banal chant, but both sets singing it at once, was hilarious.

Brilliant...why not invite the knuckle draggers along too and you can all do it.
What is this Clown Weed love in ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here