Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Squad

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that last night shows how poor and shallow our squad is as we were crying out for somebody to come on and unlock them and showed what a poor decision it was to let Noone go and not replace him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Noone? Noone has been rubbish for Cardiff for the last three or four months, and has become a bit part player in their squad. Their fans general opinion seems to be "Nice skills, tricky, but final ball lets him down constantly".

By coincidence, that is exactly what he was (and would have continued to be) in our squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it not always said that a team is only as strong as the players they can bring in. As regards injuries and suspensions we were missing Bruno and Barnes neither of whom would be classed as the man to unlock an ultra defensive team.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well. If only Poyet had thought to try and bring someone in, eh? If ONLY that had occurred to him.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Although he didn't play last night, and maybe not a direct replacement but I'd rather have Orlandi in the team than Noone any day

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With seven subs on the bench, one imbecile suspended, two long term and one short/medium on the injury list I would disagree.

All the more reason to have brought in somebody but sadly we didnt and that could be our downfall, hopefully it wont but it is worth considering. Of those 7 subs last night who would have been an improvement or different to what we had on the field, simple answer nobody.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Is it not always said that a team is only as strong as the players they can bring in. As regards injuries and suspensions we were missing Bruno and Barnes neither of whom would be classed as the man to unlock an ultra defensive team.
CMS Hoskins?

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I think that last night shows how poor and shallow our squad is as we were crying out for somebody to come on and unlock them and showed what a poor decision it was to let Noone go and not replace him.

Our squad is blessed with 3 players who have the pace/skill/trickery to come on as sub and change a game.

Unfortunately all of them were already on the pitch.....

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
All the more reason to have brought in somebody but sadly we didnt and that could be our downfall, hopefully it wont but it is worth considering. Of those 7 subs last night who would have been an improvement or different to what we had on the field, simple answer nobody.

Orlandi and to an extent Hammond (not his biggest fan but he was an improvement at Forest.)

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I think most people were very happy with the starting line-up last night and for me the bench was maybe short of one striker.
The two names grandpa conveniently omitted (injured) would have made it a very good match day squad.

Poor and shallow it is most definitely NOT.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Maybe he should have clicked his fingers ..I'm sure tht would have worked

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Last night was a ideal opportunity to give Vicente 90mins and I suspect Hammond is likely to start on Saturday with Lua Lua the most likely to make way in a more solid starting eleven than the attacking formation that started last night.

So in theory, on Saturday our bench could be, Vicente, Lua Lua, Crofts, El Abd, Painter, Barker and Ankergren. I would suggest that's a pretty balanced bench with lots of attacking options should we need them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We had our strongest available starting XI on paper but my point is that we had nobody to bring on to add a little flair as Buckley or Lua Lua do whenever they come on. Yes I would have taken off either Buckley or Lua Lua and brought on Orlandi as our crosses to ULLOA were in general awful and he is best crosser of a ball that we have. I would have also brought on Hammond for Bridcutt to push forward more as Charlton offered less than nothing in attack, other than bringing on a substitute centre back for their last corner. But looking at the bench it was bereft of talented flair players for whatever reason. It is no good saying Hoskins and CMS because they are not available until next season and we are aiming for promotion this.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Is JFC injured?
As for the OP, you sir are going on my ignore list. Your incessant negativity bores me. Do you really think that the club didn't try to get a player or 2 in to cover injuries/suspensions. GP stated that there wasn't anybody available better than we had, so just accept it. We have what we have, and that'll be it.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Noone? Noone has been rubbish for Cardiff for the last three or four months, and has become a bit part player in their squad. Their fans general opinion seems to be "Nice skills, tricky, but final ball lets him down constantly".

By coincidence, that is exactly what he was (and would have continued to be) in our squad.

this

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
CMS does not unlock organised and deep Championship defences, so he was no loss last night.

None of those suspended / injured is a critical attacking loss.

The OP is correct .... still a thin squad quality-wise, especially when it comes to match winners / game changers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here