Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Premier League debut awaits - But where would you start?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Probably jumping the gun a bit BUT if we do go up to the premier league is our team likely to change much , can you see lots of changes upon our existing squad??

For me it would be Bridge, Upson, Dave & Vicente signed up. Dicker/Painter/ Casper/ Harley,Greer & Hoskins shown the door.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Only a fool would get rid of Greer, he is an ageing defender who will always put in a decent shift when asked he is ideal to be kept as a squad player if you don't feel he is up for a first team spot but not shown the door!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends if Gus is still at the helm

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
PIG, Bridge, Greer, Bridderz, Lopez, Ulloa, all to stay - Rest ain't consistent enough

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Greer is 32 - arguably at his peak for his position where physical attributes are coupled with experience. I think he'd struggle in the Prem, but he is a superb Championship centre half. On Saturday he and Upson were immense, and kept us in the game first half. Not sure why he gets such a hard time. He really set the tone against Palace when he rushed out and full stretch got a blocked tackle in - woke everyone up as to what is expected in a derby game. I think he'd been retained without question.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Only a fool would get rid of Greer, he is an ageing defender who will always put in a decent shift when asked he is ideal to be kept as a squad player if you don't feel he is up for a first team spot but not shown the door!

I'm not sure he is a top level Championship centre back, let alone a Premier League player. I like Greer, and he's done we'll for us, but if we are serious about becoming a top tier football club then there isn't going to be room for the likes of him, unfortunately. Bridcutt should be Captain if we do go up.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We've suddenly had a budget windfall if we go up by your reckoning then - just the 12 or so players then to purchase to make up even a small squad!!

Obviously there will be a bigger squad then that, hard to see others hacking it in the top flight - i for one dont want to watch us get stuffed 5 - 0 week in week out

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm not sure he is a top level Championship centre back, let alone a Premier League player. I like Greer, and he's done we'll for us, but if we are serious about becoming a top tier football club then there isn't going to be room for the likes of him, unfortunately. Bridcutt should be Captain if we do go up.

agree - i take Greer out of my list

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd imagine everyone who is involved regularly in the match day squad would be retained unless a decent offer came in for them. A few contracts running out may get culled and a handful of improvements over the summer to strengthen. We won't win the Premiership but we should have enough to reach safety

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Decent shift no doubt found out for pace in the premier league 100%. Will he want to be a bit part player nearing 33, I very much doubt it

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I'd keep as many regulars as possible, some that start now may not be good enough for every game in the premier league but they'd be good enough for cover.

Gk

Pig
New gk
The guy we signed from Plymouth

Defence

Upson
Bridge
New rb
New cb
Bruno
Calderon
Greer
Dunk
El abd

Midfield
Vicente
Bridcutt
David
Orlandi
Buckley
Lua lua
New winger
New Cm
New Dm

Strikers
Ulloa
CMS
New Striker
New Striker

Something like that, obviously there are homegrown rules to think about too

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whether we go up or not, I would hope to see two or three come in during the summer WHO ARE BETTER THAN WHAT WE'VE ALREADY GOT. That is the main point - we must always strive to improve; the position doesn't matter - if we find a defensive midfielder that we can afford and who wants to come and is better than Bridcutt, then yes, we should take them - regardless of how good we think Bridcutt is. It's all about what's available to us....................

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I am defo a fool then, Greer is two bob at this level let alone Prem!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here