Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cant change wont change.

snide island

Mar 20, 2013
Last nights game for me just showed how disappointing it was to have no other striking option on the bench. Some fans have been saying oh its ok as long as ulloa fit till end of season , but well is it? In some games we will be behind and will need option to change and even last night when well on top needed a different kind of player. In the Peterborough home game when chasing the win we had CMS , Barnes , Hoskins ,and the goalscorer that night Dobbie all on the pitch. Think we will make play offs if we win saturday but lack of options could really cost us.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Good thread, I'm surprised this issue hasn't been discussed before.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Last nights game for me just showed how disappointing it was to have no other striking option on the bench. Some fans have been saying oh its ok as long as ulloa fit till end of season , but well is it? In some games we will be behind and will need option to change and even last night when well on top needed a different kind of player. In the Peterborough home game when chasing the win we had CMS , Barnes , Hoskins ,and the goalscorer that night Dobbie all on the pitch. Think we will make play offs if we win saturday but lack of options could really cost us.

And your solution is?
(PS Barker is a striker)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is nothing we can do about it now, except wait out the 3 games until #9 Ashley Barnes is back.

snide island

Mar 20, 2013
And your solution is?
(PS Barker is a striker)

Yes and my 12 year old is a striker means fuk all . Barker nowhere near good enough , and there was no solution as the point of the thread was to highlight the fact we failed to bring in back up which might have made the difference last night and in future games.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yes and my 12 year old is a striker means fuk all . Barker nowhere near good enough , and there was no solution as the point of the thread was to highlight the fact we failed to bring in back up which might have made the difference last night and in future games.

Well Gus thinks he is better than the options that were available in the loan window

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I saw this thread title and thought it was another one about homophobic abuse

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm amazed this hasn't occurred to Gus Poyet, to be honest.

All these months he's been sat in the office playing Candy Crush on his phone, when he could- if only the O/P had raised this issue sooner- have been out signing strikers.

snide island

Mar 20, 2013
Well Gus thinks he is better than the options that were available in the loan window

He might have said it but believing it i dont think so. He has to say that doesnt he hardly gunna say our only other striker at the moment is pants.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

OK Thanks for the update. I am sure everyone is really grateful that you pointed that out. I clearly wasn't aware that we didn't bring anyone in. What was your source :)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Im sitting here at work, (well bettting on horse racing) and I am reading NSC like I do every day and then I read your post..............and I think to myself ("what a wonderful day"), well in fact I didnt, I thought to myself.....What the blooooming hell was the point of the thread...........................We know, we know we know...........we needed another striker, Im pretty sure Gus and Tony did as well and I will be gobsmacked if Jo wilson from Gullys Girls did not know as well, but we havent, I dont think it was for the want of trying (unless my pal you know any different) It didnt happen for what ever reason and we move on with what we have, we deal with it game by game, we could have got a hat ful last night with the chances we created, we didnt, shame, but it was a point towards the play off's, another striker last night would have made no differance at all.

If your gonna start a thread, bring something different to the table, something to interest all.

anyway, rant over, back to my horses...come on number 3. (and dreaming of Jo....:blush::love:)

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...

Christ on a bike.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Im sitting here at work, (well bettting on horse racing) and I am reading NSC like I do every day and then I read your post..............and I think to myself ("what a wonderful day"), well in fact I didnt, I thought to myself.....What the blooooming hell was the point of the thread...........................We know, we know we know...........we needed another striker, Im pretty sure Gus and Tony did as well and I will be gobsmacked if Jo wilson from Gullys Girls did not know as well, but we havent, I dont think it was for the want of trying (unless my pal you know any different) It didnt happen for what ever reason and we move on with what we have, we deal with it game by game, we could have got a hat ful last night with the chances we created, we didnt, shame, but it was a point towards the play off's, another striker last night would have made no differance at all.If your gonna start a thread, bring something different to the table, something to interest all.

anyway, rant over, back to my horses...come on number 3. (and dreaming of Jo....:blush::love:)

How do you know that? Other than that i agree with what you say.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Wow you joined NSC just to post this thread, but anyway, I assume you have been to all of the Development Squad games to properly assess the quality of Barker to make your considered opinion that he is "nowhere near good enough". I look forward to reading your detailed scouting notes.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
He might have said it but believing it i dont think so. He has to say that doesnt he hardly gunna say our only other striker at the moment is pants.

Surely you can use exactly the same logic to deduce that Gus didn't think any of the available loan options were any good as well?

And what on earth are we building an academy for if the solution to a lack of options is so obviously to get an old has-been in on a 6 match loan, in the hope that he instantly gels in the dressing room, rather than to throw a few chances to the younger generation?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How do you know that? Other than that i agree with what you say.

Because the crosses were awful last night? Either too high, too close to the keeper, too hard, or into an area where there were no Brighton players?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here