Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Powell.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but what a true gent the guy is. No histrionics , approaching the fourth official, berating the ref. Applauded/encouraged his players when they made a mistake, and to top it all, waited pitch side at the end of the game to shake the hand of every Albion player, before going to his supporters.....what a glowing example to certain other visiting managers.:thumbsup:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Agree he has always come across as an honest manager. He and Jackett are a great south London contrast to Holloway's histrionics.

Powell also got his tactics spot on yesterday and is getting the most out of a workmanlike side.

PG

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed, though I thought some of his players did not follow his example most notably Jackson and the centre forward, who harangued the officials at every opportunity.

Was very impressed with Powell though both manner and tactics.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but what a true gent the guy is. No histrionics , approaching the fourth official, berating the ref. Applauded/encouraged his players when they made a mistake, and to top it all, waited pitch side at the end of the game to shake the hand of every Albion player, before going to his supporters.....what a glowing example to certain other visiting managers.:thumbsup:

Good shout, I totally agree. Class bloke and got it spot on tactically last night.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Top Bloke.

Powell.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Totally agree ..have always thought he has come across well in his post match interviews..tells it as it is and not someone blinkered to the loyalties of his own side ..a credit to his profession

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Always nice to see a manager act with a bit of class

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Quite impressed by Chris Powell he just gets on with the job. There is something classy about having a dignified Manager who isn't full of cheap soundbites or histrionics. Happy to let the footie make the headlines. Laudrup and to some extent McDermott, Martinez and Hughton come to mind too. Exert their authority through calm firmness. Can't imagine any of them unleashing the teacups or hairdryer. I guess they have their moments, but do it behind closed doors. Maybe they have a brutal no.2 who does all the enforcing.

What a contrast with Di Canio.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Classy operator, wouldn't mind him at Brighton although I'm sure he loves Charlton too much to ever make that move.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Liked him as a player, like him as a manager. Comes across as very honest and humble in interviews i've seen him in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Classy operator, wouldn't mind him at Brighton although I'm sure he loves Charlton too much to ever make that move.

He did leave Palace at an early age though, so, not all bad.

Dec 29, 2011
Noticed he clapped his players a lot, I like that. I think he's one of the first manager I've seen doing that, I'd love to play under him.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Seems to be a true gent, Some higher profile managers would do well to to take note!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Yep,one of the better ones.opposite to the last **** who sat there.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Even had a little joke with the crowd when his left back shanked a cross before turning to the player concerned to offer his advise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here