Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesborough - Pubs

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
My first ever trip to the riverside and ive no idea of what pubs are away friendly. Having looked on the football ground guide they only mention the one and that is not in close proximity of the ground. Has anyone had any experience of it or any idea where to drink?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
York or Darlington...

Boro was an eye opener last season. The Spoons near the station was fine, typical Spoons, but compared with some of the other muck in the town, a safe bet.

There was a decent pub about 10 minutes from the ground (beer wise), but it was rammed.

We got a Boro lad we know from England games to take us to the worst place he could think of. All the bar had was Stongbow, all the locals were either in wheelchairs or had 'bad backs' for the social. One person in a wheelchair came up to an older member of our group and knew his name and remembered our mate from when Brighton had played in Boro during hte 70's.

Would recommend indulging in a Parmo though...

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Thanks, looks like it could be the spoons and then to Dr Browns (seems every website i've checked recommend that one).

I wonder how many we will take up there 500-700? or is that some what optimistic

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Thanks, looks like it could be the spoons and then to Dr Browns (seems every website i've checked recommend that one).

I wonder how many we will take up there 500-700? or is that some what optimistic

I'd say about right.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Middlesbrough actually.

My first ever trip to the riverside and ive no idea of what pubs are away friendly. Having looked on the football ground guide they only mention the one and that is not in close proximity of the ground. Has anyone had any experience of it or any idea where to drink?

It's Middlesbrough actually.

Only one "O"

Which begs the question why 'boro fans call themselves 'boro fans!

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
Anyone going by road some good villages on the way into Boro for a beer,if your in a minibus they will let you park outside the away for nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here