Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket price rises - terms and conditions

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Because of a particular issue around my lad turning 18, I checked the T&Cs on the club website and found this clause.

13.Where a Direct Debit Ticket Holder elects to pay by Season Ticket Monthly Payments, the Season Ticket Fee shall be due and payable in 12 equal instalments monthly in advance during the Season. The Direct Debit Ticket Holder is required to make such instalment payments in the first 2 months (i.e. in June and July) of the relevant Season and with effect from the third month (i.e. August) of that Season, on each occasion that the Club successfully debits the nominated Bank Account, the Direct Debit Ticket Holder will obtain the right to attend Matches for the period between the due date of the Club’s last received instalment payment and the date when the next instalment falls due, subject to the provisions of paragraph 15. Completion of a Direct Debit instruction shall be confirmation of the Direct Debit Ticket Holder (or the person making payment on behalf of the Direct Debit Ticket Holder) has elected to make payment by Direct Debit subject to these Terms and Conditions.

I am not sure how they can start charging 2013/14 prices form April on this basis. Isn't it against the specific wording in the T&Cs? Legal view please.

PG

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
You are reading it wrong, that was for people signing up in june/july, not renewing. If you start a new season ticket after April I believe you pay higher instalments for first few months then it goes back to normal

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Because of a particular issue around my lad turning 18, I checked the T&Cs on the club website and found this clause.

13.Where a Direct Debit Ticket Holder elects to pay by Season Ticket Monthly Payments, the Season Ticket Fee shall be due and payable in 12 equal instalments monthly in advance during the Season. The Direct Debit Ticket Holder is required to make such instalment payments in the first 2 months (i.e. in June and July) of the relevant Season and with effect from the third month (i.e. August) of that Season, on each occasion that the Club successfully debits the nominated Bank Account, the Direct Debit Ticket Holder will obtain the right to attend Matches for the period between the due date of the Club’s last received instalment payment and the date when the next instalment falls due, subject to the provisions of paragraph 15. Completion of a Direct Debit instruction shall be confirmation of the Direct Debit Ticket Holder (or the person making payment on behalf of the Direct Debit Ticket Holder) has elected to make payment by Direct Debit subject to these Terms and Conditions.

I am not sure how they can start charging 2013/14 prices form April on this basis. Isn't it against the specific wording in the T&Cs? Legal view please.

PG

With all due respect does it really matter when you start paying for your season ticket. Just be thankful that you have one.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

PG

I.E. means for example doesn't it so they are just stating two/three dates as an example.

Why try and rock the boat regarding something the club have made available to help tens of thousands of fans afford a ST which is something that no or very few clubs offer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here