Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panama hats...

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
off on hols on Friday and have lots of cricket to watch and never had a Panama but now, mid forties, feel the need.

Any tips?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The real ones come from Ecuador. Apparently, the best examples can be rolled up to a cigar's thickness.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The real ones come from Ecuador. Apparently, the best examples can be rolled up to a cigar's thickness.

Mine is from said place & at an extraordinarily fine & intricate 543 thread weave per inch is a work of art & took a month to make. Only one higher level made is called 'museum' quality
Marvellous thing

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Mine is from said place & at an extraordinarily fine & intricate 543 thread weave per inch is a work of art & took a month to make. Only one higher level made is called 'museum' quality
Marvellous thing

did you buy it in the UK?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Marvellous thing

What did it cost? (if you don't mind me asking).

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
I'd feel like i'd have accepted i'm getting old if i wore one.

One day a Panama hat, sandals with socks the next.

I see. I was in Israel a few weeks ago and wanted one for my trip. Didnt have time but have appointment around jermyn St today so will get one there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mine cost 75 Euros in the hat shop in Ibiza Town. More of corner shop than anything glitzy but with hundreds of different quality Panamas, the most expensive were about 350 euros, couldn't tell the difference myself. Quality item :thumbsup:

I used to have one that folded up into a small long box, blew off my head on a boat trip never to be seen again.

Left another one in a rental car and only realised once I was on the plane.

Hoping not to lose this one.

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Top tip :

Buy one.

Tip top.

Unless you're getting a hire car where you should check for a free one.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He doesn't want to look a total twunt.

Fedoras look good. I got a number of compliments when I strolled through The Profile Lounge in mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here