Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Novel Idea For Saturday - How About Getting Right Behind the Team From Kick-Off??!!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
OK it may have been f---ing freezing last night but for such a big game it wasn't until the 64th minute that a discernible noise was heard from the crowd and in the position we are in and what we are aiming for that is ABSOLUTELY SHAMEFUL!!

I don't want to hear any whinging about how we need the team to create the excitement, we need to ROAR THEM ON and give them a bit of belief too!!

Oh - and if we all create that buzz and atmosphere you wont feel the fecking cold!!!!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
OK it may have been f---ing freezing last night but for such a big game it wasn't until the 64th minute that a discernible noise was heard from the crowd and in the position we are in and what we are aiming for that is ABSOLUTELY SHAMEFUL!!

I don't want to hear any whinging about how we need the team to create the excitement, we need to ROAR THEM ON and give them a bit of belief too!!

Oh - and if we all create that buzz and atmosphere you wont feel the fecking cold!!!!

And your input in to trying to create the perfect atmosphere was what! Bore off will you for **** sake. I like sleeping in the East Upper after my pie....

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I agree with the OP. It was almost like, we one the big one last time around now we just need to turn up. Not good enough.

PG

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Mrs G commented last night (not for the first time) something like "Why doesn't anyone try and encourage the team? The singing and cheering by people is rubbish..."

Brother-in-law G commented after the Palace game (!) in the WS 1901 - "it is more like being at the theatre than at a football match"

90% of the 25,000 Brighton fans turned up last night expecting to be entertained and feeling no need to vocally encourage the team or create an atmosphere of urgency and passion.

It DOES make a massive difference. It isn't, however, going to change - especially not as the result of any discussion on here. Often the atmosphere at The Amex (and the experience as a fan who wants to shout and sing) is brilliant, sometimes it is "OK" and occasionally it is rubbish.

D

Deleted member 22389

True, atmosphere was terrible last night. Saturday is going to be 8 (°C) with sun. This should make a difference.
Brighton Racecourse Weather: 5 Day Forecast - Met Office

Jimmy Grimble

Well, I sat in the East for the first time ever (normally a S/T in the North) and thought the atmosphere was pretty good. Better than some matches this season, and certainly better than 90% of the away grounds I've visited this season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, I sat in the East for the first time ever (normally a S/T in the North) and thought the atmosphere was pretty good. Better than some matches this season, and certainly better than 90% of the away grounds I've visited this season.

Yep, I thought it was pretty good as well, not brilliant, but pretty good. Certainly wouldn't of described it in the terms the OP has used, perhaps they had fluffy ear muffs on!?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sounds like an odd excuse but gloves play a big part! No gloves - more noise!

Noticed this at Forest , so many wearing gloves around me the applause onto the pitch sounded half arsed

Last night there wasn't alot to get excited about to be fair (apart from the last 60 seconds)

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Regular North stand caller required someone who commands attention always had one or two at the Goldstone and we really need some songs Albion Albion is just dam dull

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Don't normally get involved in the atmosphere thing but I thought it was very poor last night.we need to make the last 3 games like the Palace atmosphere but I can't see it happening.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
It's all about the individual's demeanour imo. I go to watch a match, not sing, been there done that in my youth, but that does not make me an old fuddy duddy as is intimated on here.

This mentality of "you must sing, make a noise" is dated and, to be honest tedious. I pay good money to watch a game, let whoever wants to sing, abuse Palace, probably have no idea what's going on pitch-wise, because they're too busy watching who's not singing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here