algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
What did he say?

In fairness, he was making the point that he thought it should be stopped, which is fine - But he kept repeating that 'we' (Brighton fans) always get told to sit down but nothing get's done about the 'abusive' chanting. Which is a silly comparison.

supergeorge

Sep 7, 2009
Who really gives a shit? No difference to scousers being called thieving *****, or welsh called sheep shaggers, get over it

I give a shit, and it is completely different to what scousers are called.

Are you a parent, do you take your kids to the game?

How would you feel if a group of fans asked if you 'passed your son around'

How would you explain to your son or daughter that you are not 'aids ridden scum'

Do you just laugh it off when you're asked 'if you take it up the arse' in front of your children?

Think of it through the eyes and ears of a parent and tell me it's just harmless banter.

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
To be honest I find the whole thing embarrassing........we hear more about this in the papers than the success of the club..........I'm actually finding it more offensive that the gay community are making such a big issue of it that its causing attention and straight people that choose not to be gay are getting taunted more and more as a result of the drama queens!!!!

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Who really gives a shit? No difference to scousers being called thieving *****, or welsh called sheep shaggers, get over it

To a point, I agree.

The 'homophobic abuse' at 70% of away games, which is what was described on SSN today surely is often the chant of 'does your boyfriend know you're here' or 'we can see you holding hands'? Firstly, I don't think that is abuse, it is just playing on the stereotypical view that everyone from Brighton is gay, in the same way you might hear singing about paying someone's benefits, because the area or city is stereotypically poor. I also note that we would sing something back, about being too ugly to be gay or the like, therefore surely we are equally to blame? I wonder when that is sung, how many fans report it to the stewards each game? And who is actually offended?

As it relates to kids hearing the songs in the stands, I suggest that you might note some of our own songs and the language that would or could be upsetting to children first.

Anything further than that, specifically to an individual or group purely because they are or might be gay is 100% unacceptable, however I can't say that I have ever witnessed anything like that home or away....ever

Just my take on it. I appreciate you may feel differently if you are gay, or maybe if you are,you would agree?

SB

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011

How would you explain to your son or daughter that you are not 'aids ridden scum'

Do you just laugh it off when you're asked 'if you take it up the arse' in front of your children?

Think of it through the eyes and ears of a parent and tell me it's just harmless banter.

I personally think that's disgusting as well and doesn't deserve a place anywhere in society let alone football. The kind of person/scum that would say that would the very next week be spouting the same thing to kids of say Cardiff fans ref sheep shagging. The fact is there are brain dead morans everywhere and you're never going to change these people.

With regards the 'supporters group' and their fight against 'homophobic abuse' to be honest I'm embarrassed by it. If we can't take banter we shouldn't dish it out. But I don't want it to be like that. Football is rich with variety before long it'll be stamped out.

I will reiterate though there's no place for you talk of.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

When directed at me and my son personally it would be offensive, however when sung at the whole stadium I fail to see how anybody can find it offensive.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
See I think some are fine. The 'does your boyfriend know your here' and 'we can see you holding hands' aren't really that homophobic. It's when it gets over the top is where it needs to stop.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Pretty much every club gets abuse from opposition fans in some way or other. Leeds sing about Munich to Man U, Luton have a town full of bombers, Gills are Pikeys, Cardiff are sheep shaggers, the list goes on. Brighton fans are just as guilty of abusing opposition fans as anyone, before we make a fuss about gay chants we should get our house in order. Either that or shut up and take it like a man! Abuse is abuse whatever the subject matter.

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here