Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take a point vs Leicester?

Take a point?

• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I imagine the answer to this question will be a resounding NO. But if Leicester win and Bolton win, all of a sudden our position in the playoffs is looking in doubt again. Leicester still have a very tough run in but Bolton have some easy games and if they maintain some consistency we might be in a bit of trouble. Thoughts?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is a good chance that it's all we'll get. If they come and attack us we have a reasonable chance of winning. If they come to defend and hit us on the break I think that we may be in trouble if we don't score an early goal.

I imagine every game is going to be tense and error strewn and luck will play a big part.

Right now I wouldn't settle for a point , by the end of the game I probably will

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I really do think we need to win this one, we can relax a little more 5 points clear rather than just 2 and with Bolton closing in also. I think this is the most important game other than Donny that we have had at the Amex.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
A draw wouldn't be a disaster by any means (despite what some may suggest), but this is a fantastic chance to really push ourselves into the playoff mix, rather than hanging on to the last place. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hammond or Crofts come in to help Bridcutt in the middle, at the expense of Buckers or Lua Lua.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
There is a good chance that it's all we'll get. If they come and attack us we have a reasonable chance of winning. If they come to defend and hit us on the break I think that we may be in trouble if we don't score an early goal.

I imagine every game is going to be tense and error strewn and luck will play a big part.

Right now I wouldn't settle for a point , by the end of the game I probably will

Have to agree if they park the bus which I think they will on the run they are on a draw for them would be a good result.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A point wouldn't be the end of the world - it'd continue our play-off push. Obviously a win would be fantastic but they are a good team (regardless of their current form) and as long as we don't get a big 'L' then i'd accept it. Yearning for the win though as that would give some much needed breathing space.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No. 16 draws this season. Even if say just 4 of them, 25%, had been wins we would be 8 points better off and sitting pretty in 4th place.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I wouldn't accept it, but it's great to know that it is all we need. It's a bit like a second leg tie in Europe and going into it with a away goal already in the bag.

Leicester will know that they have to attack us and win. We need to go into that game knowing that. I'd hope for some wide open spaces for us to attack. It is shit or bust time for them, but not end of the world for us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As I said yesterday to friends, I will get twitchy if we don't beat Leicester because we NEVER win at Middlesbrough, and by then we'll have at least one team, probably two, breathing down out necks in a five way fight for two play off places.

So no, I wouldn't take a point right now. I would have done had we beaten Charlton I think.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, a point would be decent as long as we then win at Middlesbrough.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I want us to win desperately and believe it would really set things up, but i wouldn't be quite so doomladen or thickheaded to class it as a failure if only a point was gained. It'll be a testing encounter and i pray, to a God i don't for a second believe in, for us to strike early, get a couple beforehalftime and have them feel utterly broken for the second half of control and flair that we deliver.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I can see us drawing again to be honest. Hope to be proved wrong though. I think Bolton are the team we now have to worry about.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I actually think we are playing pretty well at the moment. The "last 6 games" form doesn't tell the truth of what we've been doing on the pitch. If we were genuinely getting turned over I'd be worried, but away performances at Forest, Bolton, Barnsley - the "in form" teams in the league have not been bad, and in fact should really have delivered more than the 1 point we got. At home, the wins vs Palace, Huddersfield and Burnley have all been good in different ways.

I therefore wouldn't take a point as at home I'd back us for the win Saturday, and think we'll have too much for Leicester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here