Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet to Leeds?

YEP Digital

Oct 21, 2009

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What he was saying 3 years ago is likely to be very different to today.

He wants Prem League and I can't see him trying to take on another Championship club to do it when it's highly likely he'll be on the radar of a few who are already there once the season is over

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Leeds United will face of compensation bill of £2.5million if they move to appoint Gus Poyet as their next manager.
A seven-figure release clause in Poyet’s contract will complicated any attempt by Leeds to prise the Uruguayan away and name him as Neil Warnock’s successor.

Click on the link for full story:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-poyet-comes-with-a-hefty-price-tag-1-5544250

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Oh dear god!! Not another one of these tedious threads!
De ja vu anyone??

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2.5 million will blow a massive hole in their FFP restricted budget next year, and as a positive would help ours immensely.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
cue tedious posts about Gus touting for jobs

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He won't want to manage in League 1 next season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Although I think Gus is itching for what he considers a better job, he is not so desperate that he'll ditch a team in a playoff position with so few games to go to join a team in disarray and zero chance of promotion. I have no idea what he'll do in the summer but I expect him to have his ego massaged by quite a few courting clubs but not a top 10 Premier League team. He may feel that he'll have to take the job at a big team like Leeds to get him where he wants to be eventually.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can't we just suspend people who start these threads? Just for a week?

Until Gus starts performing badly then he is going to be linked with every job anytime a manager in the premier league or championship is sacked. Stop it.

Having your manager's name linked with jobs is the price of success. Get over it. One day he will leave. Maybe he'll be poached, maybe he'll be pushed. I'm sure when he goes he'll be leaving the club in a better playing state than when he found it, so I will thank him. But there's no long term loyalty in football. It's rare to find Wenger, Moyes and Ferguson type figures. I would hope we could join that crew by showing long term loyalty and becoming the club that is more important to Gus than Chelsea. That day is a long way off though.

He's here. Be happy. Forget the rumours. Enjoy your football team.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Although I think Gus is itching for what he considers a better job

Depends on your definition of a better job. If you mean bigger budget, then yes he would like one, but if you mean better set up and patient chairman, there are very few, if any, that are better than he has now. Like he has said before, don't choose a club, choose a chairman and he appears to have a gem here.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Amazing that people actually get paid to write those articles. Someone literally gives them MONEY to write them.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Does this count as advertising? Unless I'm wrong to assume that the username YEP Digital doesn't refer to the Yorkshire Evening Post that has been linked to

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Does this count as advertising? Unless I'm wrong to assume that the username YEP Digital doesn't refer to the Yorkshire Evening Post that has been linked to

It certainly does, and all his posts refer to it.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
What he was saying 3 years ago is likely to be very different to today.

He wants Prem League and I can't see him trying to take on another Championship club to do it when it's highly likely he'll be on the radar of a few who are already there once the season is over

Three years ago Gus, for some reason best known to himself, still missed Leeds. Since then he has lived in Sussex and presumably now realises how full of up their own arse knobheads populate the grimy dump.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Depends on your definition of a better job. If you mean bigger budget, then yes he would like one, but if you mean better set up and patient chairman, there are very few, if any, that are better than he has now. Like he has said before, don't choose a club, choose a chairman and he appears to have a gem here.

And if you do choose a Chairman who on earth would choose Ken Bates? I can't see why anyone sane would want to manage Leeds with their ridiculous and unrealistic expectations.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Three years ago Gus, for some reason best known to himself, still missed Leeds. Since then he has lived in Sussex and presumably now realises how full of up their own arse knobheads populate the grimy dump.

Gus has never lived in Sussex.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here