Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is 28500 still the capacity for Saturday?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I heard we cannot sell the last few completed seats to take us to 30,000 until safety certificate is issued (could be a myth).

Apologies if this has been discussed/answered before but will segregation mean we will never sell 30,000 tickets so it will always be under.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I heard we cannot sell the last few completed seats to take us to 30,000 until safety certificate is issued (could be a myth).

Apologies if this has been discussed/answered before but will segregation mean we will never sell 30,000 tickets so it will always be under.

Then the record Amex attendance will be for a rugby World Cup game.

He did, but at the Palace game, we sold 28499.

For Leicester, the segregation areas are smaller and we don't have many left to sell. Leicester have already sold their allocation.

Could we say sell 29500, with the club confident there will be 1000 no shows from STH's?

Or was it just unfortunate the first game when all the seats were ready was Palace and it was limited for that game?

Although it does sound as though I might be questioning Insider's better judgement, things do change.

If we are in the play off's i would hope we can use the full capacity then, if not before.

To be fair, he just says we will have full use from next season. Nothing there to suggest we cannot go higher than 28500 before - just not the whole hog.

Maybe all is good apart from the shelf?

Last edited:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
We have a safety certificate this season for max 28500. Do you think perhaps it is just a coincidence that we declared 28499 for the Palace game? there is very possibility that a few more may have been in the house that day, but no-one's going to declare it are they?

We have a safety certificate this season for max 28500. Do you think perhaps it is just a coincidence that we declared 28499 for the Palace game? there is very possibility that a few more may have been in the house that day, but no-one's going to declare it are they?

The club are very proper and above board in everything they do. I don't doubt for one minute if they said they sold 28499, then that is what they sold. Nowadays, they could even let the authorities know the name, address and payment method of every single seat sold.

But, my point is, even with 28499 sold, they were well under the figure the certificate may be for.

Also, certificates can be updated very quickly - look at the Arsenal game as an example.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here