Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet Urges Saturday Sell-Out

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet felt that tonight’s stalemate with Charlton Athletic has set up the biggest game of the season this Saturday, and has urged the Albion fans to sell-out the Amex in support of his side.
The Seagulls are two points clear of Leicester City and with the Foxes visiting the Amex at the weekend the game will have a huge impact on the chase for a play-off finish.
Poyet told seagulls.co.uk, “Tonight makes Saturday’s game fantastic. I hope that we are sold out because we went to Forest at the weekend and they were sold out, so I invite everyone to make sure they take their opportunity to buy a ticket as soon as possible.
Its easy to go to Wembley when there are 45,000 tickets available but we need all of our fans on Saturday and we need it to sell-out, and make the atmosphere unbelievable from the beginning, like it was during the last 30 minutes tonight.
“The fans realised that we needed a little more and they were pushing for us too. We need them from the first minute Saturday to become that extra man.
“Let’s make the Amex a difficult place for the opposition to play and then it’s up to us on the pitch. It’s a great opportunity for all of the Brighton fans to take this game as importantly as they have done any Albion game in recent years. Let’s make it big.
“If we win it will have a massive impact and the good thing is that it’s here at the Amex.
“These are the games that I miss as a player; I *miss playing in Saturday’s kind of game.”
Albion were camped inside the Charlton half for much of the game, and were denied the win only by a heroic performance by Addicks keeper Ben Hamer as well as the woodwork on several occasions.
“It wasn’t to be tonight. It doesn’t matter how many shots, crosses or corners you have, it was one of those days where you’re hoping for some sort of lucky goal which would get the win. It wasn’t there for us.
“We tried everything and for 35 minutes in the second half we were in their half. Charlton’s best player was their goalkeeper which says a lot but we didn’t score and that’s what wins a game.
“We knew we were in so much control that the opposition were going backwards and that created the ability to create something, but it wasn’t to be.
“Charlton came with a plan and they made it difficult so it was up to us to create everything. We tried everything but it was one of those days for us.
“But if we earn the same amount of points as the teams behind us we will have no problem in reaching the play-offs. If we don’t, starting on Saturday against Leicester, we will not be good enough. Saturday is massive.”
Leicester tickets are available to all Albion fans, regardless of loyalty points or previous booking history. Purchase online, call the ticketline on 0844 327 1901 or visit either of the club’s ticket offices, located at the Amex and in Queens Road, Brighton.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here