Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sunderland dble standards

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
A player refusrs to wear a poppy as he supports the ira. Miliband says nothing and yet di canio gets both barrels.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Who supports the IRA? It may serve your perspective to create a strawman but be careful about what you are accusing someone of.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
A player refusrs to wear a poppy as he supports the ira. Miliband says nothing and yet di canio gets both barrels.

Are you a "reporter" for the Daily Star or Sun?

Just askin' as that reads like their shallow, inane and inaccurate drivel

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Where does it say he supports the IRA?

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
A report in the telegraph.. He had death threats one ex soldier got pinched sent bullets to him. He had close his network-socaial down. He chose to play for republic.etc. Why do you think he chose not to wear it then. As i said miliband didnt quit for that did he.

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Buttery.. Would you like to take a bet on it ile send you my address and trust you to pay up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What did you do with the time you saved in not typing the 'o' and 'u' in the title? Watch Palace's goal attempts from St Paddy's Day? Scratch your ear? Open a chocolate? Listen to the best bits of a Bucks Fizz album? Knock one out?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
A report in the telegraph.. He had death threats one ex soldier got pinched sent bullets to him. He had close his network-socaial down. He chose to play for republic.etc. Why do you think he chose not to wear it then. As i said miliband didnt quit for that did he.

the telegrah :0)

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Are you a "reporter" for the Daily Star or Sun?

Just askin' as that reads like their shallow, inane and inaccurate drivel

69427_10151578025801885_533889285_n.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If you considered the Poppy Appeal as a political activity then you are possibly correct.

It's become that, hasn't it? Not the original intention, but Britain has changed a great deal since the inception of the poppy. We are in a state of play whereby public figures are being questioned as to why they are not wearing a poppy.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I swear, reading the OP's posts i've actually contracted some sort of terminal illness. It's that potent in its retardedness.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
It's become that, hasn't it? Not the original intention, but Britain has changed a great deal since the inception of the poppy. We are in a state of play whereby public figures are being questioned as to why they are not wearing a poppy.

And for an American custom imported just like Halloween and the Coca Cola red Santa it sure upsets out "Patriots" when the British line isn't toed.

I make a more public display of the Poppy than most,my generation had Grandparent connections to WW1,parental connections to WW2 and deep respect for "Tommy Atkins" where ever her served.
I just don't feel the need to question the choice of others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here