Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's the best way to respond if a stranger asks to borrow your phone?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Was queuing for the train after the game when this happened. He said he needed to make a call and his phone battery had died!

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Ask him to show his phone and prove it had no battery?

If he asks why, just say because you've handed your phone over before and they stole it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hit them. In these situations it's best to get the first punch in.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

D

Deleted member 18477

Make the call for him and put the phone on loudspeaker so he can talk and hear.

This way the phone never leaves your hand.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Tell them to ditch the Iphone and get something decent where you can have 2 (or more) batteries which you can interchange and not run out of battery.

I give you that. It was an iPhone in his hand!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Everyone a winner.

If only I had thought of that!

I await Ernest's thread about dealing with unhelpful fellow Albion fan while he tried to make contact about a family emergency / transfer 'sauce'...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just say no, and look at him like he's from Mars.

Alternatively pretend you have no credit?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Or maybe, as the phone thief, I am using this 'Goldstone Rapper's account on Tapatalk and fraping him on FB...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just say no, and look at him like he's from Mars.

I did this. He looked surprised that anyone would say no to his request to lend a phone to a stranger in the pitch dark.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I was enjoying a CHICKEN and SAUSAGE (weird spicy sausage though not like the (whatever pub it is does the breakfast)'s bangers) pie WAITING for my SAUCE to tell me why BIRDCUTT wasn't in the SQUAD but I'd left my IPHONE's spare BATTERY in my COAT pocket and someone had STOLEN said COAT so I couldn't PHONE the FUZZ or my SAUCE so I asked this WEIRD looking SCARFER.................

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I was working in a shop a few weeks ago and a fellow came in, very short of breath and gasped "use your phone". Without really thinking iI handed him one. He then rang someone and arranged to be picked up from the pub 300 yards up the road.

Next time I think I will demand payment first. If he calls an ambulance I will give back the £1.00

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
This happened to me the other week. I gave them my phone, they made a phone call, we had a bit of a chat. I grant that if someone seems dodgy then trust your instincts and keep your phone (actually in my case they were dodgy, but not in a phone stealing way) otherwise why not make the world a slightly happier rather than more miserable place just because there are a few complete googles about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here