Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Charlton

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The Pole 7. Some of his kicking was below par tonight.
Calderon 8. Defended well and supported the attacks.
Greer 6. Too many balls to red shirts.
Upson 7. Fairly solid.
Bridge 7. Tried to get forward but limited opportunities.
Bridcutt 8. Good game.
Vicente 5. Spoils our rythm and frankly not that good.
Lopez 6. Quiet tonight, maybe because of Vicente.
Buckley 7. Needed to see more of the ball in the 2nd half. Has played better.
KLL 7. Two defenders on him for most of the 2nd half. Some good stuff, but too many poor crosses.
Ulloa 8. Not his best, but some impressive stuff.

Frustrating evening.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Pig 7.5 - good save at end

Calde 6.5 - faded away second half

Greer/Upson 5.5 - both a bit of a shambles today, countless misplaced passes

Bridge 8 - tried to make things happen and worked the hardest

Bridcutt 5.5 - early booking affected his game and should have been sent off

Lopez 3 - not sure how he wasn't subbed, terrible today needs a rest I think

Vicente 6.5 - looked dangerous but charlton worked very hard, this game he would have been more effective upfront

Lua Lua 7 - tried to make things happen shame his crossing was off it

Buckley 6 - looked good from 75th minute only

Ulloa 7 - some flashes of brilliance but never really had a chance infront of goal

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tommy k - 8, saved us a point.
Calde - 8, Had his hands full with their #32 but still did a pooh load of quality work.
Greer - 6, terrible passes over 10 yards.
Upson - 6, as above.
The distribution from those 2 was shocking.
Bridge - 7, seemed to do less defensively, but worked well with KLL.
Bridcutt - 9, mutts.
Vicente - 7, he's brill but strangely enough too good for the team, could do with passing to someone other than KLL.
SD - 7, As above maybe Vicented out of the game.
Buckley - 8, tireless back to form, should have scored.
KLL - 8, as above.
Ulloa - 9, Irrespective of the dramatics, his play all round the pitch is superb.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Tommy k - 8, saved us a point.
Calde - 8, Had his hands full with their #32 but still did a pooh load of quality work.
Greer - 6, terrible passes over 10 yards.
Upson - 6, as above.
The distribution from those 2 was shocking.
Bridge - 7, seemed to do less defensively, but worked well with KLL.
Bridcutt - 9, mutts.
Vicente - 7, he's brill but strangely enough too good for the team, could do with passing to someone other than KLL.
SD - 7, As above maybe Vicented out of the game.
Buckley - 8, tireless back to form, should have scored.
KLL - 8, as above.
Ulloa - 9, Irrespective of the dramatics, his play all round the pitch is superb.

KLL. :lol: His crossing, his job, was 1 out of 10. 10 out of 10 though for step overs and shimmies.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 8 - good save late on
Calderon 7 - should have done better with his chance
Greer 5.5 - hoofed the ball aimlessly, and often to Charlton players far too much, on the us side, he played several passes to Calderon, which he doesn't often do.
Upson 6.5
Bridge 7.5
Buckley 6 - I thought Saturday's goal would have given him confidence, but still seems to lack it
David lopez 6.5 - a little quiet
Vicente 7 - not his usual high standard, but some promising moves
Lualua 5.5 - you need to do more than beat your man, or at least not beat him, then stop and let him catch you up as he did frequently in the second half
Bridcutt 6.5
Ulloa 7.5 - good promising play, but seemed to not get crosses he could do anything with, and seemed to be really tired in the last 15mins.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The Pole 8. Just so refreshing to have 100% trust in a keeper again.
Calderon 7. Team neglected our right flank most of the game. How many times will Greer decide not to pass to him.
Greer 6. Weak in possession.
Upson 7. First half was starting to look like a nightmare then he got his act together.
Bridge 6. Disappointing for me.
Bridcutt 9. Saved a certain goal with an outstretched leg and did everything and more that was expected of him.
Vicente 6. Disappointing and we are better without him.
Lopez 6. Very average for Dave tonight.
Buckley 6. Being starved of the ball in favour of LuaLua but disappointing with it anyhow.
KLL 7. So much promise but not happening for him.
Ulloa 8. No chances falling to him, if only. All round game impressive.

Had a feeling we were going to slip up tonight as sandwiched between games against our rivals. Another lacklustre performance at home. Can see performances like tonight costing us a playoff place. We don't just have to turn up you know! For me Gus's biggest problem is failing to motivate the team on nights like this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
KLL. :lol: His crossing, his job, was 1 out of 10. 10 out of 10 though for step overs and shimmies.
I know I marked high, but he did get a fair few crosses in or corners conceded.
It's a shame with him doubled up on, Vicente didn't think to pass to someone else!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
The Pole 7. Some of his kicking was below par tonight.
Calderon 8. Defended well and supported the attacks.
Greer 6. Too many balls to red shirts.
Upson 7. Fairly solid.
Bridge 7. Tried to get forward but limited opportunities.
Bridcutt 8. Good game.
Vicente 5. Spoils our rythm and frankly not that good.
Lopez 6. Quiet tonight, maybe because of Vicente.
Buckley 7. Needed to see more of the ball in the 2nd half. Has played better.
KLL 7. Two defenders on him for most of the 2nd half. Some good stuff, but too many poor crosses.
Ulloa 8. Not his best, but some impressive stuff.

Frustrating evening.

Vicente 5? He probably has never got a 5 in his career. Madness. Question? Who played the best three passes tonight, one of them all but gifting Buckley a headed goal.....a 5. Tut tut.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuczszak 7

Calderon 7
Greer 7
Upson 6
Bridge 7

Bridcutt 7
Lopez 6
Vicente 6
Buckley 6
LuaLua 8

Ulloa 7

Dec 29, 2011
I know I marked high, but he did get a fair few crosses in or corners conceded.
It's a shame with him doubled up on, Vicente didn't think to pass to someone else!

If anything the amount of free kicks he won should contribute to a high score, most teams would have utilized the free kicks better.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Some nice touches all round, but some right cabbage from every one as well! Nothing seemed to stick, but you can put that down to Charlton, they harried and harassed. Crossing wasn't good from the wings. I'll give Orlandi a 7 for a consistent warm up!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
GK Kusczak - 8
RB Calderon - 7
LB Bridge - 7
CB Greer - 6
CB Upson - 6
CM Bridcutt - 7
CM Lopez - 5
CM Vicente - 6
RM Buckley - 6
LM Lua Lua - 6
Str Ulloa - 8 MOTM

Observations from tonight:-
Our two centre backs particularly when teams set up to defend, need to be more adventurous in possession. If they were to drive forward into midfield and try and commit at least one of the opposition it would open up more gaps in midfield for the likes of Vicente & Lopez. Instead a very well organised Charlton side were able to squeeze our midfield and keep eleven behind the ball at all times.

Seemed bizarre with Orlandi on the bench he didn't come on for either Buckley, Lua Lua or Lopez.

Buckley seems bereft of confidence this year. An absolute menace at times last season, but continues to disappoint of late.

Ulloa is absolute quality, his going to be a huge player for us in the future.

I'm still confident of making the play offs although we have put added pressure on the Leicester game thanks to the injury time Forest goal and our inability to break down a determined and resolute Charlton side.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kuczszak 8 Safe and good

Calderon 6 Got in some great attacking positions but missed the target.
Greer 4 I don't want to see the ball played constantly sideways in the dying minutes. Lacked leadership
Upson 6 Caught the Greer crab play but overall does attempt to play in a forwards motion
Bridge 6 Vicente got in his way

Bridcutt 7 ok
Lopez 4 Was he playing?
Vicente 5 very rusty and compacted play too often.
Buckley 4 Off form again. Needs to join the girl guides to toughen up. Somehow sponsors MOM-yeah right!
LuaLua 5 Beating your man once,twice, thrice doesn't make you a good winger.delivery does

Ulloa 7 Even with soooooooo many apparently attacking players around him he appeared isolated.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Some nice touches all round, but some right cabbage from every one as well! Nothing seemed to stick, but you can put that down to Charlton, they harried and harassed. Crossing wasn't good from the wings. I'll give Orlandi a 7 for a consistent warm up!

They all harrie and harass, especially against a short passing team that rates them-self as a mini Barca.
It's up to the Albion to use the space that creates elsewhere and have other tactics at times eg ball over the top.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Frustrating one that one.

Kuszczak - 7. Didn't have an awful lot to do.

Calderon - 7.5. Could've easily got a brace tonight, was probably our biggest attacking threat...
Upson - 6.5. Good defensively, poor distribution.
Greer - 6.5. As above.
Bridge - 7. Standard performance from Bridge I guess.

Bridcutt - 8. MOTM. Broke up play well, good passing, etc. Pretty average performance for Liam's standards.
Lopez - 5. Pretty anonymous all night but some good corners.
Vicente - 5.5. Some very nice passing at times but I think he disrupted our usual rhythm tonight. Surprised Gus didn't bring Orlandi on for him as the game progressed. Unlucky not to score right at the end though.
Buckley - 7. Did lots of work and some neat skills but couldn't really create much.
Lualua - 6.5. Got past his defender every time but needs to pass a bit more. His crosses always seem to be drilled into defenders.

Ulloa - 7. Not his best performance but held the ball up well at times.

Subs:

NONE?! WHAT THE GOOGLE, GUS?

In all seriousness, when was the last time Gus made no substitutions? Fortunately all the players have 4 days to recover for Leicester.

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Frustrating one that one.

Kuszczak - 7. Didn't have an awful lot to do.

Calderon - 7.5. Could've easily got a brace tonight, was probably our biggest attacking threat...
Upson - 6.5. Good defensively, poor distribution.
Greer - 6.5. As above.
Bridge - 7. Standard performance from Bridge I guess.

Bridcutt - 8. MOTM. Broke up play well, good passing, etc. Pretty average performance for Liam's standards.
Lopez - 5. Pretty anonymous all night but some good corners.
Vicente - 5.5. Some very nice passing at times but I think he disrupted our usual rhythm tonight. Surprised Gus didn't bring Orlandi on for him as the game progressed. Unlucky not to score right at the end though.
Buckley - 7. Did lots of work and some neat skills but couldn't really create much.
Lopez - 6.5. Got past his defender every time but needs to pass a bit more. His crosses always seem to be drilled into defenders.

Ulloa - 7. Not his best performance but held the ball up well at times.

Subs:

NONE?! WHAT THE GOOGLE, GUS?

In all seriousness, when was the last time Gus made no substitutions? Fortunately all the players have 4 days to recover for Leicester.

Lualua?

Edit: Apologies, it seems you accidentally wrote Lopez instead of Lualua and I didn't pick up on it first time I read it!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The Pole 8. Just so refreshing to have 100% trust in a keeper again.
Calderon 7. Team neglected our right flank most of the game. How many times will Greer decide not to pass to him.
Greer 6. Weak in possession.
Upson 7. First half was starting to look like a nightmare then he got his act together.
Bridge 6. Disappointing for me.
Bridcutt 9. Saved a certain goal with an outstretched leg and did everything and more that was expected of him.
Vicente 6. Disappointing and we are better without him.
Lopez 6. Very average for Dave tonight.
Buckley 6. Being starved of the ball in favour of LuaLua but disappointing with it anyhow.
KLL 7. So much promise but not happening for him.
Ulloa 8. No chances falling to him, if only. All round game impressive.

Had a feeling we were going to slip up tonight as sandwiched between games against our rivals. Another lacklustre performance at home. Can see performances like tonight costing us a playoff place. We don't just have to turn up you know! For me Gus's biggest problem is failing to motivate the team on nights like this.

Like your last para, we do not come out fired up for the game and from that leads to lack of vision, creativity. We have seen this before, particularly on weekday matches, I have to add, that when Vicente plays we seem to play slower and be dependent on him. This is not because the players are in awe of him but clearly on the managers instructions. Vicente will not get us inot the play offs, we are far more diverse than that and have greater skills and contributors, let them play Gus and utilise Dave, he is a jewel, if only you let him play!

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Vicente 5? He probably has never got a 5 in his career. Madness. Question? Who played the best three passes tonight, one of them all but gifting Buckley a headed goal.....a 5. Tut tut.

he did play a couple of sublime passes but he was pretty crap tonight at the simple stuff, running into people, lost possession, missed a few easy short passes. we do play better without him, an off night for a great player and Vicente being on the pitch greatly affected Lopez who was pretty anonymous

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
0-0 was a fair result but gutted not to win

Pig 7 great save but kicking awful
Calderon 7 worked his socks off should of scored
Bridge 8 excellent work solid
Greer 6
Upson 7
lopez 4 terrible tonight should of been subbed
Lualua 6 great one minute terrible the next
Vicente 6 over rated was once a great player no longer is lost that yard off pace
Bridders 7.5 great game
Buckley 6.5
Uolla 7

Fans 4 very poor 28 thousand and loads leaving the north stand after 85 minutes shamefull

Gus 5 poor tonight should of made subs

Their number 14 and keeper were best players on the pitch

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here