Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave.....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Looked very tired tonight and probably his poorest game for the club. Surprised Gus did not give him a rest after an hour and bring on Orlandi.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Looked very tired tonight and probably his poorest game for the club. Surprised Gus did not give him a rest after an hour and bring on Orlandi.
With Orlandi rested tonight, and Vicente having got through 90 minutes, Dave could be rested on Saturday if required.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
With Orlandi rested tonight, and Vicente having got through 90 minutes, Dave could be rested on Saturday if required.

Will Vicente be able to play back to back 90 minute games? I can see the following line up for Saturday

Koosh
Calde
El-Abd
Upson
Bridge
Bridcutt
Orlandi
Crofts
Buckley
Lua Lua
Ulloa

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
maybe its me, i thought he showed some great touches tonight..

When vicente plays, its natural to want to give him the ball.

Our threat tonight should have come from either flank. For all the possession they had, they failed to produce anything of note and thats where this game fell flat for us..

Cannot believe how much slower buckley looks and how poor his game has become lately. At the start of the season he was on fire and looked like a prem player waiting to happen... now, he looks like a league 1 player with zero confidence.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Will Vicente be able to play back to back 90 minute games? I can see the following line up for Saturday

Koosh
Calde
El-Abd
Upson
Bridge
Bridcutt
Orlandi
Crofts
Buckley
Lua Lua
Ulloa
Not sure, recent evidence would suggest not though. Again he's not a bad option to have off the bench.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Buckley certainly should not have got MOTM that was laughable. Ulloa or Vicente for me. I thought Lopez got dispossessed too many times tonight and struggled to track back at times.

maybe its me, i thought he showed some great touches tonight..

When vicente plays, its natural to want to give him the ball.

Our threat tonight should have come from either flank. For all the possession they had, they failed to produce anything of note and thats where this game fell flat for us..

Cannot believe how much slower buckley looks and how poor his game has become lately. At the start of the season he was on fire and looked like a prem player waiting to happen... now, he looks like a league 1 player with zero confidence.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

For once I'm going to have to disagree with you...

In my view Spanish Dave starts every game. And I will explain why...
Remember how poor he was against Barnsley? So poor that he was subbed!
and then a last minute penalty to get something from the game. Ulloa steps up.... and misses... Let's be honest now. Would Dave have missed?

Next match Palace .... Free kick.... Legend... Let's not talk of these things again. Dave starts.. End of.
:) :thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not sure Dave is a holding midfielder. Winger can change to wide midfielder or even full back when the legs start to go but not sure the skill set quite translates. Put him back where he does the damage and I think he'll be fine

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Thought Vicente occupied his usual position tonight and seemed to take over free kick and corner duties as well. Left Spanish Dave eating off scraps and as such drifted in and out if the game.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
For once I'm going to have to disagree with you...

In my view Spanish Dave starts every game. And I will explain why...
Remember how poor he was against Barnsley? So poor that he was subbed!
and then a last minute penalty to get something from the game. Ulloa steps up.... and misses... Let's be honest now. Would Dave have missed?

Next match Palace .... Free kick.... Legend... Let's not talk of these things again. Dave starts.. End of.
:) :thumbsup:

Dave over Vicente, can Vicente play left back? When they play together Dave is sidelined, thats the game plan and the managers strategy. For me, controversial, but I think we play better without Vicente, check match stats. Vicente has a beguiling way with his possession, but this doesn't make him a team player. The manager needs to sort out his game plan and stop trying to drive everything through Vicente as though he is a god like figure.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Orlandi is slightly more defensive than Vicente and can cover a lot more of the pitch, so I think Dave and Orlandi is a good combination. If you want Vicente in the team maybe someone like Hammond or Crofts instead of Dave to provide a little more defensively (not that we needed it tonight). Also, that way we always have a penalty taker on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here