Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaz

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How is there not a thread for a performance that bad? Plenty of raw talent but no football brain and plays with his head down CONSTANTLY. You could see Charltob were perfectly happy to funnel the ball towards him because he'd do f*** all with it.

Cue him getting loads of 6s and 7s and people saying he was "lively".

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
How is there not a thread for a performance that bad? Plenty of raw talent but no football brain and plays with his head down CONSTANTLY. You could see Charltob were perfectly happy to funnel the ball towards him because he'd do f*** all with it.

Cue him getting loads of 6s and 7s and people saying he was "lively".

I was not there, but Radio London said he should have been our man of the match over Buckley?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Their left back played very well, Kaz was the only one who looked like doing anything. Better than Buckley anyway.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Had more of the ball than any other player but the hover on the ball, drop the shoulder and head for the touchline got a bit predictable after the 8th attempt and he was easily nullified.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Must have been watching a different game to me. Had him down for man of match, only one who kept going at them and had their right back every time he went at him

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He didn't play badly. Just that Charlton did their homework on him and didn't allow him to escape. That's all. Sometimes it happens.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
'Had a great game' are you having a laugh. I think some people on here judge a winger purely on doing tricks and beating his man. Other than that his end product was woeful.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
'Had a great game' are you having a laugh. I think some people on here judge a winger purely on doing tricks and beating his man. Other than that his end product was woeful.

He didn't beat his man very often. Charlton defended well against him. It was that rather than him being off form, I felt.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How is there not a thread for a performance that bad?
Wow.
Had more of the ball than any other player but the hover on the ball, drop the shoulder and head for the touchline got a bit predictable after the 8th attempt and he was easily nullified.
It was easily predictable (ie, you could predict he'd get the ball in 10 times out of 10). Not all balls in were great, but he got them all in, and was our best option. Towards the end when Charlton were all behind the ball, and we were parked 40 yards from goal, our creative players still chose to give the ball to Kaz because there was no way through the centre.

Last edited:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
yup, agree....

no end product whatsoever. Had tons of the ball and did nothing with it.

very frustrating indeed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Agree with the OP. He had a poor game, got plenty of the ball and did virtually nothing with it. Buckley was only marginally better. You certainly could see today why Gus is reluctant to play with two wingers

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He didn't play badly. Just that Charlton did their homework on him and didn't allow him to escape. That's all. Sometimes it happens.

They did, but countless times, he did get crosses in, and each was useless. Typical Kaz, each a pointless rocket designed for our imaginary 10 foot striker.

You could see the top class footballers like Lopez, Vicente and Ulloa getting increasingly frustrated with him.

He's not a promising 19 year old anymore, and I strongly suspect that he will never develop all the key aspects missing from his game.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He didn't beat his man very often. Charlton defended well against him. It was that rather than him being off form, I felt.

Don't get me wrong I think he was defended well against, but he still got passed him several times in the 2nd half and had opportunities to get decent balls in, and 90% of the time fluffed them.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Yes he didn't have a great game, I agree. Did he play any worse than Vicente? At least when he loses the ball be does something to rectify it!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Kaz had the ball too much, should have used Buckley more. We never ever use the East side wing enough whether thats first or second half. I dont think kaz put one decent cross in all night.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I agree with the op. I don't care if he beats 5 players everytime if he has end product to rival a one legged duck.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here