There is no Tory party anymore

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Ha. Says it all when "grassroots Tories" get upset by things like gay marriage, green taxes and international aid. Presumably that time and money is better expended on pointless wars, divisive social policy and the dismantling of the public sector.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
but there hasnt been any sort of real goverment for years - just a media theatre front for the corporate and banking elite.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
but there hasnt been any sort of real goverment for years - just a media theatre front for the corporate and banking elite.

I am certainly no politician and do not know the intricate ins and outs of it. What you say makes sense to me.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The depressing thing about our politics is that the 'radical' fringes on both left and right actually consist of deeply conservative old fossils fighting ancient battles fuelled by tired old ideas cribbed from books about Waterloo or Wapping.

The depressing thing about our politics is that the 'radical' fringes on both left and right actually consist of deeply conservative old fossils fighting ancient battles fuelled by tired old ideas cribbed from books about Waterloo or Wapping.

That is very profound for NSC, and also true imho.

At least with far left and far right you know what they stand for, you have your choice and you can say yay or ney! With these three media study graduates who run the expense fiddling fun groups, no one has a bloody clue! Ukip for me this time and that breaks my political heart.no choice, no option!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ha. Says it all when "grassroots Tories" get upset by things like gay marriage, green taxes and international aid. Presumably that time and money is better expended on pointless wars, divisive social policy and the dismantling of the public sector.

they might also be upset at the sniveling little turd:sick: giving the European bank 12 billion of our money while some here struggle

this is not to mention the 7 billion he gave/lent to the Irish

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
they might also be upset at the sniveling little turd:sick: giving the European bank 12 billion of our money while some here struggle

Yep, I don't understand that. Are we obliged to give that to them because we are in the EU?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Was this the same money that saved turning the previously invested billions into dust? As much as I dislike the Tory party helpiing save the Irish economy was a sensible thing to do given the UK's vested interest.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yep, with Call me Dave trying to be like Blair. We need some good old fashioned Tories to sort this mess out. Why the hell did they even get involved in "gay" weddings, they should have left well alone?

Because it's 2013, the world has moved on, 1950s' bigoted attitudes are finally being consigned to the past, and the Tories are making an effort to show that they are relevant. This, while trying to hide the fact that their policies are more damagingly right wing than Thatcher.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Not really right that is it? Look at the lot near the front benches for both Labour and Conservaties, they all studied the same degrees in politics at Oxbridge. They are the ones that have read the old mantras. Most left and right wing polititions are "natural" and have training and/or an education and/or prior careers in things outside politics.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not really right that is it? Look at the lot near the front benches for both Labour and Conservaties, they all studied the same degrees in politics at Oxbridge. They are the ones that have read the old mantras. Most left and right wing polititions are "natural" and have training and/or an education and/or prior careers in things outside politics.

Most right wing politicians throughout history are products of public school followed by Oxbridge. With very few exceptions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here