Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA promoted/QPR relegated - Bobby Z switch here only down to wages? Discuss

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
CMS can be unloaded, making BZ/Ujjoa vie for the no.1 striker role, with Barnes warming the bench...

BZ's on a fair whack at QPR I should imagine, but we might be able to afford him, as he's not a spring chicken anymore, and might compromise ???

He's in the Ujjoa mould, as in a complete, around the box player...

Come on TB, make it happen :thumbsup:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
There was a time when I would have LOVED this to happen. Now ... not sure. BZ is still a good player but I feel we should be looking to create future stars rather than help old players have a lap of honour. I know BHA is very close to his heart but maybe we're better off enjoying the memories.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
He won't come back just for sentimental reasons, and Poyet doesn't have the same affection for him that we do, remember. And at the moment, he's the wrong fit - we need a foil for Ulloa; not somebody like Zamora, I'm not sure they'd be able to play together even if he were here.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
No. Let's remember Zamora as he was at his absolute peak. Never go back.

Absolutely this. If it was any other 32 year old striker with a long injury history and who doesn't score as often as he probably should, nobody would on here give him a second glance.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
No. Let's remember Zamora as he was at his absolute peak. Never go back.
and this again.
£90million PL TV money, we can afford better. You've got to look at our team realistically. There are a lot of 'older' players, some on loan, who will not make a PL team, hence why we have them now. There's going to be a lot of changes by winter 2013.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Zamora's second spell with us went OK. Rather refutes the idea of 'never go back.'

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No thanks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No thanks, injury prone and we would be able to do better if we were in the Premier League, probably with another latin

The BZ boat has sailed

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Near unanimity, and a fair reading of the hypothesis I should imagine...

Younger, hungrier and better talent out there

When (hopefully) we go up, they will be attracted to our ongoing project :)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Going to have to disagree with y'alls.

I would love to have Bobby back. Strong performance last evening and in a better squad he would thrive. Still great at holding the ball up and some of his distribution is top class. Sure he's not scoring as many as he used to, but that may well be down to the formations he's playing in.

Maybe he would not fit in the same team as Ulloa (but worth trying), but if (and it's a BIG if) we get promoted we are going to need to add to our strike force in order to survive up there in the heights of the Premier League.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here