Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think happened to Fernando Torres?

D

Deleted member 18477

Confidence. He thinks the world is against him (that's how it looks anyway).

If he stopped sulking I actually think he'd become reasonably good again.

Dec 29, 2011
I think it'd be good for his career if he went back to Athletico Madrid. The guy still has talent but he has no confidence. If he goes back to Athletico he can settle down, get into scoring habits against the leagues weaker opposition and then grow in confidence from there.

Also don't forget Chelsea don't compliment his style, he got the golden boot at the Euros so I think he's still quality.

fannybreath

Feb 26, 2013
Confidence. He thinks the world is against him (that's how it looks anyway).

If he stopped sulking I actually think he'd become reasonably good again.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didnt have depression as well.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Don't know if he picked up a bad injury but just like Owen (who did nothing after leaving Liverpool for 12 odd years!) his game was based on explosive pace, lose that and the best part of his game is gone. He also got married and had a kid which probably changed his mentality too, especially if the missus would rather bring the kid up in sunny Spain that Britain and he's rich enough to go back anytime, all could add up to the dramatic loss of form. He also seemes quite a sensitive lad, so would get affected by what goes on around him, both on and off the pitch.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think he got crocked at Liverpool and his pace went a bit, then at Chelsea they don't play his game. No balls over the top to run onto. Then it's a mix of confidence and bad luck.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think he had Gerrard to do the threading that he doesn't get to the same level with Lampard or others. A change of system, even a slight change can cause strikers all sorts of issues,... look at CMS, probably the same with him too.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
andrea-orlandi-brighton.jpg OR Fernando-Torres-008.jpg

Now that is one tough call. Two of the tastiest footballers currently plying their trade in this country. LUSH!!!?!?!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
he was brilliant

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The knee injury which he was prematurely rushed back from. Lost a yard of pace and all confidence.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
The Russian wanted him at Chelsea, probably forced the procession of managers to play him. He's a square peg in a round hole. Always looked pissed off since the day he arrived there. Even his old mate Rafa can't get him to play. I reckon he could still do it in Spain though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here