Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Orlandi Looks for Home Advantage

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Andrea Orlandi is urging the Seagulls to make the most of the next two home games as they bid to cement their play-off place.A number of Albion's play-off rivals have dropped vital points over the Easter weekend, and with Charlton visiting the Amex tonight and Leicester City the visitors on Saturday, the Spaniard is in a confident frame of mind.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We are in a great position. Teams around us are losing, giving us the chance to be in the play-offs, and we are showing that we want to be there.
“It is looking good and we have two home games in a row, so if we can do what we did against Burnley and Huddersfield and get the six points in quick succession, then we will have a good chance.
“But Charlton are strong, as is every team in this league. They will definitely put a shift in and they will make it hard for us, so what we will have to do is start better than we did at Forest on Saturday, and we have been doing that at the Amex recently.”
The 28-year-old has played in various midfield roles this season, featuring consistently in Gus Poyet’s side, but more recently has featured in the wide positions.
“I have been playing on the wing, and when we have got possession it is a good for me because I can get involved and get in the box. But when we are away from home and we don’t have the ball it is a bit harder, especially for me as I don’t have the pace to beat defenders.
"But it gives me more of a chance to put the ball in the box for others, such as Leo (Ulloa) or Bucca (Buckley). At the end of the day if I am on the pitch I am happy.
“I am looking forward to the last few games, to push myself further as I am quite critical of my own performances and think that I can do more, so hopefully I will do so in the last few games of the season.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here