Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you most like to see promoted from League 1?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the working assumption that we're still playing Championship football next season, which teams would you prefer to join us from League 1?

Currenty Donny sit top of the pile, with Bournemouth 2nd (but played more games)

Playoffs are:

Brentford
Sheff Utd
Swindon
Yeovil

Below them are:

Tranmere
Walsall
Orient
MK Dons

With Crawley a couple of places lower

So, who would you like to add to our away game roster?

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know some people like the away trip, but I really don't like Bournemouth, they're a crappy little club with ideas above their station, who have somehow come into money and spent their way to the top. So they can stay down. The last time I was in Birkenhead, I thought I'd landed in Beirut by mistake. Awful place: no thanks, Tranmere.
I've always had an irrational loathing for Swindon, the town and the club, so I hope they fall apart. Milton Keynes can rot in L1 forever as far as I'm concerned. Orient aren't good enough to make the play offs, nor are Crawley.

Sheffield United would make a decent replacement for Wednesday who will hopefully go down, so that then leaves Brentford (nice trip to London) and possibly Yeovil for me (guaranteed relegation candidates, should be points in the bag).

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In some ways I think we need to get promoted this year to avoid ant chance of Crawley claiming parity with us :)

I'd go for Bournemouth, Brentford and Orient as well.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Pompey as miss the 6 points, but thats never going to happen (ever again)

Orient, Brentford and Doncaster

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not really looked until now but there are some small clubs with small grounds scrapping it out there.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not really looked until now but there are some small clubs with small grounds scrapping it out there.

It wasn't that long ago we were one of those.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Doncaster are taking it by storm now, but Sheffield United are still able to catch them with their games in hand.

Would like to see Bournemouth and Brentford join Donny.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

At least if Yeovil came up, you'd have a replacement "local" game after City get relegated...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Bournemouth, Brentford and Doncaster would be ideal. However it won't matter as we won't be in the Championship to play them next season

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Don't mind, don't mind and don't care! I'm still optimistic we'll be more concerned who's staying up in the mickey mouse league(premier)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I had a small case of virtual fisticuffs with my mother's boyfriend over some Bourbons down at Bournemouth some many years ago. The beast sought to snatch at least 3 from the packet i'd opened in his direction. So, i'd like them to come up, us to go back down there, and me to make some Bourbons in order for us to re-enact the tustle, but this time a new, pongy homemade ingredient being the chocolatey mid-biscuit substance. Revenge is a biscuit best served pooey.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Bar Sheffield United, there's a lot of Noddy there.

As per the other thread, depends if we're in the same league, otherwise I don't care.

Sheffield United, Brentford and probably Swindon, but will swap for Donny as they're more likely.

Despite living not far from Bournemouth, not them. I've never voted for them in a 'Who do you want up' poll and don't plan to start now!

Tranmere is a hole, but a day on the pop in Liverpool is boss, la.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I can think of reasons for each of those clubs why I wouldn't want them to come up - Brentford mainly because of bad memories of trips to Griffin Park.

The only positives I can think are:
Bournemouth. Agree with Edna re the club - but nice to see Cook and Tombo back at the Amex
Yeovil - Loveable village idiots.
Sheffield Utd - big club and would bring a decent vocal following to the Amex.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Would like to see a few of the 'small' clubs come up (e.g. Brentford, orient, Yeovil etc) partly because that's pretty much what we were when we came up, an partly because I think we would beat most of them with relative ease :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bournemouth for a local jaunt, Yeovil as i've a mate who is a Yeovil fan and want them to have a shot in the Championship (but they'll be down straight away i fear) and probably Donny. Not Sheff Utd though, i've never really liked them...not sure why, though.

Orient would be a laugh, and also an easy 6pts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here