Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County & Bolton Wanderers

fannybreath

Feb 26, 2013
Looking at Derby's form and fixtures left.. I think they have a good chance..

Bolton's fixtures look easy too..

These two are our biggest threat and its a must win tonight IMO.

Derby fixtures:

Derby V Ipswich
Blackburn V Derby
Barnsley V Derby
Derby V Peterborough
Blackpool V Derby
Derby V Millwall

Bolton fixtures:

Bolton V Huddersfield
Bolton V Wolves
Bristol City V Bolton
Leicester V Bolton
Bolton V Middlesbrough
Cardiff V Bolton (Cardiff will already of won league and promoted)
Bolton V Blackpool

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed. I can still see one team coming from nowhere to nick the last spot and Bolton could be that team.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if Bolton nicked the last spot at the expense of...palace! They won't be singing their "Oh Dougie, what have you done" anymore!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if Bolton nicked the last spot at the expense of...palace! They won't be singing their "Oh Dougie, what have you done" anymore!

The BBS would disolve with volcanic rage.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
At this stage 6 points is a lot to make up. Derby have also played a game more. Forest are in form as our ourselves. Leicester can still have a say as well. I can't see either Bolton or Derby winning all of their games and that is pretty much what it would take, especially for Derby ...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agreed. I can still see one team coming from nowhere to nick the last spot and Bolton could be that team.
I think it's too late now. Derby and Bolton would have to win 5 and draw 1 to get to 70 points. Even if they did, we only need 3 wins and a draw to stay above them, and I don't think they will because:
everyone beats everyone in this league
which makes it hard for average teams to get that kind of run.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are 11 points behind Palace with a worse GD, although they do have a game in hand.

Even if they win tonight, they'd still need to make up 8 (and a half) points with 6 to play. Not going to happen, IMO.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
They could make it especially as Leicester and Palace cannot buy a win recently

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Both sides would need to win at least 5 games which dont think they will do.

Beat Charlton tonight and I think they are not a threat to us.

Boro probably have a half chance if they can beat us and kick on

Keep seeing people say about who they would like in play offs due to form but nothing applies yet , Leicester could find form the last 3 games of the season , sneak in and then be the danger side. We may win the next 3 and then go shit again. Until we get there no one has a clue how the P.O should go form wise. Form can come in an instant. Leicester could beat us freakily and thats the spark. Form now is not form in a few weeks !

4 pts next 2 puts us on track

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Derby won't make it, on our day we're very good but we have a small inexperienced squad so as soon as there's a couple of injuries (and we've had LOADS), we struggle.....

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I thought Bolton had gone slightly off the boil in the last two or three games. Derby, on the other hand, have won theirs (I think). But they don't have any decent strikers. That Connor Sammon is one of the worst strikers I've ever seen at this level, and he leads Derby's line.

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
From being unfortunate enough to live in Derby, I can tell you there's no chance they'll do it.

You never know how they're going to play, and whilst those teams might look easier on paper, they're all bottom sides, this is the worst time to be playing teams fighting for their lives, especially when the majority down there are in good form.

tomski

Mar 6, 2013
Bolton
I think we will be given the opportunity to crash the play offs by one of you, we have to concentrate on winning our games as I believe the other results will come!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here