Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most liked/disliked Managers

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I guess it's been done before but given a few in the press this past day or two thought I'd ask the question.

Who are you top 5 in each category, currently managing or "on the bench" - Brighton Managers past and present excluded. Not really about ability just what you think of them as individuals

For me:

Martinez
Moyes
AVB
McCarthy

Bottom

Lennon
Di Canio
Colin Wanker
Hughes
Pulis

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ferguson - a bitter loser and a bad winner at times too. Carries grudges against officials, opposing managers (unless they suck up like Bruce and Allerdyce), any journalist that asks an awkward question.

Lennon

Allerdyce

Pulis

Atkins

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Top 5: Martinez, Hughton, Powell, Mowbray, Zola
Bottom: Redknapp, Allardyce, Steve Evans, Di Canio, Ferguson (the Peterborough one).

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Liked:
Harry Redknapp
Moyes
Martinez
AVB
Di Matteo

Dislike:
Neil Warnock
Alex Ferguson
Lennon
Wenger
Billy Davis

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
G zola
B flynn
T mowbray
M jol
C powell

Bottom
A ferguson
S allardyce
T pulis
H redknapp
Avb

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not old enough to be bitter about football managers.
if we lost Gus I'd love in order:
Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, AVB, Harry Redknapp, Martin O'Neill

I'd hate to have:
Roberts Mancini, Neil Warnock, Nigel Adkins, Steve Evans, Rafa Beneitez

D

Deleted member 18477

Who I like

Fergie, Wenger, Martinez, Rogers, Moyes, Mourinho, Jol, Di Canio, Steve Clarke, Laundrup, Zola, Jackett, Mick McCarthy, Dyche, Di Matteo, Steve Bruce, Mackay

Top 5 - Wenger, Martinez, Moyes, Mourinho, Di Canio

Who I dislike

Harry, Warnock, Mancini, Pulis, AVB, Fat Sam, Pardew, Holloway, Billy Davies, Freedman, Appleton, Dave Jones, Alex McLeish, Lee Clark, Mark Robins

Bottom 5 - Harry, Warnock, holloway, Dave Jones, Alex McLeish

Last edited by a moderator:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Like : Martinez,Laudrup,Moyes (Jockness apart),O'Driscoll,McDermott.

Dislike : Mancini,Redknapp,Allardyce,Holloway,McLaren. sub : McLeish.

Only 5 per category (apart from sub).Could have chosen more in each.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
thems whom i like or have liked :
brian-clough.jpg
bobby_robson_1453947c.jpg
david-moyes_1009419c.jpg
Roberto-Martinez.jpg
Chris-Powell-Charlton-Ath-007.jpg

thems whom i dont
Neil-Lennon-the-Celtic-ma-008.jpg
PA-12617813.jpg
4074693.jpg
PA-12428436.jpg
tony%2Bpulis.jpg
_66681186_wengergetty.jpg

Last edited:

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
dislikes - Pullis, Allardyce, Hughes, Bruce and Ince (all cr*p, negative and totally overrated by themselves and their mates in the media who think they are interesting - oh and all whose sucking up to SAF is cringeworthy!) - and given a 6th choice, Brendan Rodgers, he talks absolute bo**ocks but dresses it up as new age manage speak as if what he says is ground breaking!
likes - Martinez, Laudrup, Houghton, Moyes and Jol - quiet and just get on with the job pretty successfully and without the constant sense of they are far bigger than the clubs and supporters they work for and need to have an opinion on just about everything!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
dislikes - Pullis, Allardyce, Hughes, Bruce and Ince (all cr*p, negative and totally overrated by themselves and their mates in the media who think they are interesting - oh and all whose sucking up to SAF is cringeworthy!) - and given a 6th choice, Brendan Rodgers, he talks absolute bo**ocks but dresses it up as new age manage speak as if what he says is ground breaking!
likes - Martinez, Laudrup, Houghton, Moyes and Jol - quiet and just get on with the job pretty successfully and without the constant sense of they are far bigger than the clubs and supporters they work for and need to have an opinion on just about everything!

Some of the names different but the general logic of your approach is pretty well spot on with what I was thinking - apart from I added obnoxious loudmouth twats :thumbsup:

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
I like Kenny Jackett seems to go about his work in a quiet methodical way getting the best out the players he has and if budgets are to be believed he has done very well to keep Millwall in the championship .

I dislike Warnock but in Leeds he had found the perfect partner , they both think they are much better than they actually are .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Far easier to go for the dislikes.

-Darren Ferguson: whiney, a cheaper, nastier parody of his old man, tendency to kick wives in stomach and then claim they "ran into his outstretched leg".

-Harry Redknapp: all been said before, but he really is an absolute shyster, nothing is ever his fault

-Billy Davies: another nasty, bitter, Fergie-lite (he even has the Fergie bags under his eyes)

-Steve Evans (enough said)

-Mark Hughes: bad hair, moans constantly about officials, has rarely achieved anything as a manager but still keeps getting jobs somehow

-Steve Bruce: see Mark Hughes

Ian Holloway: thinks he's some sort of comedy genius, and somehow the media fall for his "spontaneous" (but in reality, you know he spent ages at home thinking them up) one-liners. He's like David Brent, more interested in being popular than actually doing his job. The only time he's actually funny is when his teams lose, and he then explodes with rage. Especially his current team.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Am really liking David Flitcroft at Barnsley at the moment though. Can't quite figure out why exactly, but he seems like a really sound guy, feet totally on the ground, speaks well to the media, and he's got his team playing for each other and winning games. Let's hope their good recent run continues at the weekend.

We're all right behind you, Dave :thumbsup:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I'm going to go against the tide hear and say I actually quite like Warnock. He is good entertainment value although I don't think I would want him anywhere near our team!

Top 5 likes: Jol, Martinez, Laudrup, Moyes, McCarthy

Top 5 dislikes: SAF, Pulis, Holloway, Lee Clark, Billy Davies (honourable mentions to Adkins, Bruce, Lennon, Ferguson Jr and many, many more)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm going to go against the tide hear and say I actually quite like Warnock. He is good entertainment value although I don't think I would want him anywhere near our team!

Top 5 likes: Jol, Martinez, Laudrup, Moyes, McCarthy

Top 5 dislikes: SAF, Pulis, Holloway, Lee Clark, Billy Davies (honourable mentions to Adkins, Bruce, Lennon, Ferguson Jr and many, many more)

I like Warnock too. He's honest, gobby but honest, which is more than can be said for most of the others. Davies really is a horrible little man.

The other guy I've found myself liking lately on the FL Show is Brian Flynn at Doncaster. Seems like a lovely guy. He's also only about 5'2" or something ridiculous like that. Would be quite funny watching him shouting up at some massive defender and giving him a rollicking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here