Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray missing chances.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Reading the BBC report of Crystal Palace losing at Blackpool, it seems that Mr Murray (and Zaha) were missing chances.

When the going gets tough?......... It would be simplistic to ask if we would want him back now - he has scored 30 this season - but who knows how things will finish.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Murray also missed a hatful of chances in our promotion season.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

I'll never forget gillingham away the season before that where he couldn't hit a barndoor with a banjo, scuffing clear cut chance after clear cut chance and topping it all off by missing a penalty.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Apparently Zaha had one of the best games he's had all season.

Jimmy Grimble

It was his biggest weakness and the only reason I thought he would never play in the top-flight. Which is why I'm all the more amazed he's got 29 goals this season. Are there such things as footballing anomalies where a striker has a season like he has? I'm sure there are.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It was his biggest weakness and the only reason I thought he would never play in the top-flight. Which is why I'm all the more amazed he's got 29 goals this season. Are there such things as footballing anomalies where a striker has a season like he has? I'm sure there are.

Piss taking aside, it will be interesting to see how Murray does when Zaha goes to Manure next year...I don't think he will be half as effective. Plus many of Palace's goals have been pens again which they won't get next year.

In a way, I hope for their own sake palace don't get promoted this year, as they will be an embarrassment to English football with that squad in the Premier League. At least we have players who have played in the top flight of either the Premier League or La Liga and that's one thing I never thought I'd be saying when I was watching us in the pissing rain back in 2000 at Withdean getting beaten by Rochdale!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In a way, I hope for their own sake palace don't get promoted this year, as they will be an embarrassment to English football with that squad in the Premier League. At least we have players who have played in the top flight of either the Premier League or La Liga and that's one thing I never thought I'd be saying when I was watching us in the pissing rain back in 2000 at Withdean getting beaten by Rochdale!

Rivalry aside, that is a weird thing to say. Why would a club doing poorly be an embarrassment to English football?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As said on another thread, all his goals this season will count for nothing if Palace's season continues to unravel. The possibility of us doing better than them this season after all their carping about Murray is just fantastic.

Murray? Yeah you can keep him..... and Dobbie.

:amex:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Personally, I think this thread is an embarrassment. He had an off-day. Our strikers (NOT Ulloa) have had many off-days. He is the top scorer in the league!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Personally, I think this thread is an embarrassment. He had an off-day. Our strikers (NOT Ulloa) have had many off-days. He is the top scorer in the league!

Off day or days? Goals count for nothing if you don't get promoted.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Personally, I think this thread is an embarrassment as I really don't know why we are bothering to comment on GM. - sad

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Piss taking aside, it will be interesting to see how Murray does when Zaha goes to Manure next year...I don't think he will be half as effective.
I don't think Zaha has provided many for Murray - you may be a victim of the Palace's push the price up campaign.

Indeed, he's had an amazing season regardless what happens now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure Murray has actually signed the contact yet, has he? He's merely agreed it.

He could easily decide to accept a better offer elsewhere in the summer- it's not like he doesn't have a history of hanging his employer out to the bitter end...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here