Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby the Wildcard?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Too late for this season. They were worried about relegation before the game kicked off.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glad they won. Hopefully Warnock would've walked by the time we play them as he's said he will when they can't get promoted...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Too late for this season. They were worried about relegation before the game kicked off.

This. Only 4 points out of the relegation zone at the start of their game today.

They're good on their day but too inconsistent which is not surprising as they have to play so many kids. Little Clough has done a very good job there IMO the past couple of seasons.

Jimmy Grimble

Glad they won. Hopefully Warnock would've walked by the time we play them as he's said he will when they can't get promoted...

I hope he's still in charge when we play them. New manager and the players will want to prove themselves to him. They're well out of contention now.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
They definitely need a lot more points. I doubt that any team on 54 points at the end of the season will stay up.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
If we win tomorrow night, they will be 8 points off play offs with 6 games left. Not a chance!

Besides, you talk about their run in not being demanding, but every one of the teams they have left to play will be fighting for their lives. As this weekend shows, those teams really are up for it as well!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bolton the more likely wild card I think but if we win the next two the gap will be almost insurmountable given the fixtures remaining.
Massive game tomorrow especially given their good away form. Saturday is likely to set nerves jangling. Avoiding defeat this week is crucial. Winning is a bonus.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
The league has a split in it. Cardiff are free at the top, then Watford and Hull are competing for 2nd. Due to form (or lack of) I think Palace, Forest, Us and Leicester are vying for the other play-offs.
Derby are 5 points behind Leicester, and tomorrow we can pull away from them. Derby need a run of 3/4 wins in a row to bridge the gap. Unlikely as they are so inconsistent.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Leeds could drop. Brum a, BHAFC h and Watford a their last three games so they need to pick up points in next three

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
The Derby fan I know is more worried about relegation than thinking play offs

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Derby are only one point closer to the playoffs than they are to the relegation zone, while five points separate Birmingham in 11th and Huddersfield in 22nd.

This league really is mental.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here