Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be happy with 7th, now?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I ask, as a couple of months ago that question came up (someone please find the thread) where a fair few were very happy with finishing 7th.

'It's an improvement', 'going in the right direction', 'more points than last year', '5 year plan'.

It was cliche city Arizona.

2 more wins and automatic is back on the table :moo:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Neither points or position in table really show whether we are improving or not, it's much more a reflection of the quality of the opposition.

But, the finishing position is the most important thing and we should defo (be able to) make play offs now. TBH this has been a crap league this year with nobody other than Baadiff and maybe Hull showing any sort of real form so it's a great opportunity for us

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
At the start of the season I would have been happy with 7th.

Even before the Palace match I may well have been happy with 7th.

With the way we have played the last two matches and the manner in which our playoff competitors seem to have fallen over themselves to help us, I wouldn't be happy with 7th anymore.

Let's do this!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Absolutely not. It's in our hands. Our home form is looking good, and if we can get maximum points in the next two games I think Leicesters goose is cooked. To be honest 4 points in the next two games would still leave us in pole position for 6th place. It's been like Christmas this weekend - I'm buzzing with confidence now. Time to turn the screw and go for it now Gus!

D

Deleted member 18477

No. If we finished 7th now I'd be absolutely gutted!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looking into my heart, I'd be totally devastated by 7th or below, to be honest.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Does anyone seriously think we could make top 2? We'd have to win pretty much all our remaining games, not going to happen.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It's down to the lads now, no one else. The next two games are as big as any games in recent times. Time to push on and take advantage.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I had predicted a 7th place at the start of the season but it's been such a roller coaster. One game at a time. Too tough to call. But looking at it now, erm no.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Daft question. Nobody in their right mind would be happy with 7th given our current position.
That's the point of the thread.
We weren't in that much of a different position when the question was originally asked, and still 7th was seen as acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here