Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positive Poyet refuses to be downhearted [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Positive Poyet refuses to be downhearted[/h]9:00am Monday 1st April 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2391190.jpg
Gus Poyet is not fretting over Albion's prospects
GUS Poyet has taken Albion’s failure to land a loan striker and late giveaway against play-off rivals Nottingham Forest on the chin.
The manager refused to be downhearted by the absence of cover for Leo Ulloa or the late mistake by stand-in keeper Casper Ankergren which gifted Forest a 2-2 draw at the City Ground. Ulloa showed again why he is so vital to the Seagulls’ promotion challenge by scoring his ninth goal in 12 games and setting up the second for Will Buckley in an outstanding second-half display.
Poyet insists he is not praying his Argentinian target man steers clear of injury and suspension. He told The Argus: “It’s life, destiny. If something happens to Leo it means it’s not our year and you need to accept it or somebody else needs to step up and do things right so I’m not going to kill myself.
“We have been trying to make him train and play the same way. We don’t want to change anything. As you can imagine, we won’t change after this performance, so we’ll see what happens in the future.
“You can bring someone in and then that player gets injured in the first training session and then you lose a player as well the same. I’m not bothered about that.”
Ankergren, a late call-up in place of the ill Tomasz Kuszczak, ruined an accomplished performance by allowing Henri Lansbury’s harmless shot through his hands and legs in injury time.
Poyet said: “You cannot do anything about that. It happens. We win and lose together. Don’t forget, Forest had won six in a row and they were very lucky.”
Poyet, speaking publicly for the first time since he was strongly linked with Reading, refused to comment on their interest.
The point was enough to lift Albion back into the play-off zone ahead of tomorrow night’s visit by Charlton.
They hope to have key figures Kuszczak and Liam Bridcutt, who also missed the Forest match through illness, back to face Charlton.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here