Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Did'nt Barcelona sue L'quipe over claims of doping against them and Real. I have just also mentioned on the Andy Murray thread about claims against Nadal for blood doping, although he seems confident he cannot be associated.

What a mess this has made, and it unfortunately taints many a Spanish sportsman (unfairly) in my eyes, due to what appears to be a culture around Fuentes and his high level involvement in many sports.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bring it

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They were covering this on sky sports news yesterday, including giving an over view of what blood doping involves, and how it is dangerous because it can increase risks of blood clots, which is a particular danger if the clot forms in the lungs.

In other news, today ssn are reporting that Blackburn keeper Paul Robinson will be out for six months with a blood clot on his lung.

(I fully believe this is just a coincidence, it just tickled me that the two stories occur so close to each other)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They were covering this on sky sports news yesterday, including giving an over view of what blood doping involves, and how it is dangerous because it can increase risks of blood clots,

It's a shame the original thread can't come back (google) as that turned into a serious compendium on all things 'drugs in sport'.
It's certainly something any Sky Sports News reporter should be reading, before going on air!!

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The list of shame, will they get two year bans from competition

Desert Blossom
Certify
Fair Hill
Ghostflower
Orkney Island
Sweet Rose
Valley Of Queens
Artigiano
Bathrat Amal
Opinion Poll
Restraint Of Trade

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The list of shame, will they get two year bans from competition

Desert Blossom
Certify
Fair Hill
Ghostflower
Orkney Island
Sweet Rose
Valley Of Queens
Artigiano
Bathrat Amal
Opinion Poll
Restraint Of Trade
No because no drug can make you run faster...

... oh no wait, hang on a moment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a weak argument - Because the horses involved were not racing at the time, I did not realise that what I was doing was in breach of the rules of racing
The bans should be increased due to that comment. It's like Ben Jonson saying 'but I didn't take any this morning'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It can't be bad if everyone's doing it :facepalm:

It has courted controversy in the past with Chelsea warned by the World Anti-Doping Agency that their use of it on Arjen Robben in 2005 could be illegal. It has since become more commonly used.

So blatantly obvious, if it's not cheating it's only a millimetre away from that line, but sure nobody would cross it, it's not like there's a few hundred million pounds at stake.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Just listening to this now. Really interesting, and the IAAF deciding that the Stasi's own evidence of the East German doping programme THEY WERE RUNNING wounldn't stand up in court so won't remove any records. They make Pat McQuaid look sensible... :ohmy:

IAAF next to the UCI

ostrich-with-head-in-the-sand.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here