Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some feel very strongly, most shrug if off with a sigh or a laugh...I think

Poll should sort it

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Some feel very strongly, most shrug if off with a sigh or a laugh...I think

Poll should sort it

Firstly, it is wrong. So I guess that should be the answer.

This is the immaturity of some visiting supporters, if anyone has firstly the bottle to square up to me a call me gay in a threatening manner then it would be the equivalent of calling me black and then racially abuse me, because if I am not gay then why are you calling me something I am not? Which then brings the next point is it alright to racially abuse someone because they are different to you? Again no, so isn't sexuality the same?

So the taunts don't personally offend me directly and I am sure most gay people would find them tedious to say the least. Like most things if it is a bit of banter it can sometimes be taken in good humour, but we have also seen the other side with the likes of the millwall knuckle draggers who are looking to provocate and are just vile.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
I've gone 'other' because for me it doesn't sit as neatly as those poll categories. the vast majority, that I have been aware of, is basically good natured and either a bit boring or, occasionally, even quite funny.

But on a couple of occasions it has crossed a line in terms of what i think is OK - because of the sheer offensiveness of what was being shouted at me or because I was with a young child and yet the language and gestures continued regardless. I'd imagine most decent people have a line somewhere.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Not at all bothered . For me just football banter . There will come a time where u will only be allowed to clap . I'm a fat balding git , if anyone wants to sing that ,then that's fine by me , live by the sword die by the sword , but then I'm old school

larus

If people really take offence and get upset by this, then I think that says a lot about them and their own view/self-esteem.

Doesn't bother me one bit; it's all part of the football banter/tribalism. I enjoy our responses "1-0 to the Nancy boys", "He's over there, he's over there", etc.

Life really is much too short to worry about stuff like this.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Outside the ground incidents are normally stopped when the retards are confronted as they tend to shite themselves on a regular basis.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Personally, If it is done in vein of football banter inside the ground then no it doesn't offend me.

When you have some northern idiot walking behind you going "oi gay boy" every 30 secs in a rather hostile manner ,as happened to me a Forest last year. Yeah it's offensive and done purely to provoke a reaction of the smack in the face variety. Not that I obliged.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yeah.

Offended outside the ground.

Inside, not bothered.

No doubt some will find this strange, but that's how it is for me.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I've gone 'other' because for me it doesn't sit as neatly as those poll categories. the vast majority, that I have been aware of, is basically good natured and either a bit boring or, occasionally, even quite funny.

But on a couple of occasions it has crossed a line in terms of what i think is OK - because of the sheer offensiveness of what was being shouted at me or because I was with a young child and yet the language and gestures continued regardless. I'd imagine most decent people have a line somewhere.

How do you vote on Tapatalk, anyone know?

J2 BHA

NSC Patreon
Jul 28, 2004
Doesn't bother me in the slightest. A number of our fans regularly (especially away) sing derogatory songs to opposing fans so I've only ever seen it as them giving it back to us really.

Having said that I'm not gay and feel that if it offends our gay supporters then it is a problem (I genuinely don't know if our gay fans would find it offensive)

Is singing sheepshaggers to Bristol/Cardiff, for example, less insulting than them singing does your boyfriend know you're here? I don't think it is but as I say I am not gay and also don't shag sheep (honest!) so to me it is just football banter.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Doe'snt bother me....hear it every match...they think they are being clever or funny...best answer is too score and all sing' One nil to the Nancy boys!' Do they honestly think that there is not a percentage of their fans are gay.....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ask yourself, are you offended by being gay? im not so it doesnt bother me in the slightest, if they mean it to be offensive, well thats more of their problem than mine.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
No but if the authorities deem it to be as abusive as racial abuse it has to be stopped. We cant go to Bradford and say anything about the ethnicity of the population there without getting thrown out or arrested so to my mind the same should stand for homophobic abuse. In reality though we all know it is a lot more accepted because its just "banter".

D

Deleted member 22389

Yeah.

Offended outside the ground.

Inside, not bothered.

No doubt some will find this strange, but that's how it is for me.

Same here, I expect it inside the ground. Outside the ground, wrong.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Before the forest game someone similar age to me (16) called me a Brighton batty boy. I just walked past because I'm not the sort of person to get on fights but I found this unneeded. I'm not offended by chants 90% of time and if they're witty I'll laugh but most of the time they are repetitive and boring.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't feel offended for being called gay. That neanderthal dumdums think it an insult is i suppose an insult to society, but not to me personally.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here