Homaphobic abuse

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Article on bbc breackfast about abuse we get at away games . At the city ground

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Fair enough article but those interviewed making out how offensive it is. All a bit wet and the fact we are handing in a report just makes us an easier target as the report wont do anything at all.

All the lads I go to football are not offended by it at all. Would rather not have to hear it all the time but most is accepted as tongue in cheek.

Fair enough the F.A should act on this issue but reports from us and bobble hats on the supporters coach saying how upsetting it is will make us a laughing stock

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Fair enough article but those interviewed making out how offensive it is. All a bit wet and the fact we are handing in a report just makes us an easier target as the report wont do anything at all.

All the lads I go to football are not offended by it at all. Would rather not have to hear it all the time but most is accepted as tongue in cheek.

Fair enough the F.A should act on this issue but reports from us and bobble hats on the supporters coach saying how upsetting it is will make us a laughing stock

That is pretty much spot on as far as i see it , not really bothered about it myself .

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yes it is wrong, and should not happen, but I have to agree, the sensitive little bobble hatters did make us look a bit soft and soppy.

You expect unbiased reporting from the BBC? Its in lockstep with the guardian.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Last year after the Forest game i think I remember there were people on here complaining about the abuse from the Forest fans in the tier above. I couldn't make it this year, was it worse this year?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was the usual stuff. Personally I don't think that the 'we can see you holding hands', and 'does your boyfriend know you're here' comments are homophobic.

When Will Buckley scored in the 85th minute a section of our lot were singing "we just ****** you up the arse" to Forest, is that homophobic too?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All the lads I go to football are not offended by it at all.
Are those lads young people that are unsure or concerned about their sexuality?

reports from us and bobble hats on the supporters coach saying how upsetting it is will make us a laughing stock
Oh no, how terrible.

Seriously, most people don't understand the problem. It's not a problem specifically for Brighton fans - obviously most of us aren't offended. It's a problem for some gay people (particularly those that aren't sure about themselves or think there's a problem with being gay) and also the general education of people (ie, letting fans in general understand what's right and wrong) - and those people are as likely to be fans from the opposing team as they are to be Brighton fans. For example, if you're a 15 year old Forrest fan that thinks they could be gay, and all your mates are taking the piss out of Brighton for being gay, that's not going to make you feel good is it.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I personally have never met a homa in Brighton.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Are those lads young people that are unsure or concerned about their sexuality?

Oh no, how terrible.

Seriously, most people don't understand the problem. It's not a problem specifically for Brighton fans - obviously most of us aren't offended. It's a problem for some gay people (particularly those that aren't sure about themselves or think there's a problem with being gay) and also the general education of people (ie, letting fans in general understand what's right and wrong) - and those people are as likely to be fans from the opposing team as they are to be Brighton fans. For example, if you're a 15 year old Forrest fan that thinks they could be gay, and all your mates are taking the piss out of Brighton for being gay, that's not going to make you feel good is it.

But it might get us a new STH down the way!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why pick on the supporters club coach?

perhaps because they are the ones compiling a dossier but also because they are possibly representative of football now being a whole family activity so the views of "the lads" are no longer sufficiently representative of what is acceptable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here