Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Miliband should be the next prime minister!

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Instead of ending his political career he should be the next in line. The decision to step down from the Sunderland board due to De Canio's possible fascist lviews shows he is a man of principle. Hope he comes back to the fold.

bhachris

Nov 20, 2011
Yep, I am Tory through and through but would have considered voting for him if the next couple of years go pear shaped. I would never vote for Ed and Balls.

... De Canio's possible fascist lviews ...
Possible? No doubt about it.

article-1389305-01FC42030000044D-489_468x353.jpg

I'm a fascist, not a racist, says Paolo di Canio - Telegraph

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Irrespective of his political views the fact remains that he is unproven above Div 1 and the appointment shows the paucity in intelligence in the Dunderheads Board. Absolutely chronic, O'Neil was never that good but surely a better alternative than P de C? TNBA TTF

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As if Sunderland don't have enough problems, Di Canio's tenure will start with him dealing with the fascist issue.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I think he will be prime minister one day. He is best out of it at the moment as the country is in a right mess with our economy. I expect to see him return after the next election if labour lose.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Moronic decision that smacks of the most amazing depths of desperateness

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think he will be prime minister one day. He is best out of it at the moment as the country is in a right mess with our economy. I expect to see him return after the next election if labour lose.

Let's see how he performs at Sunderland first.

Milibands farther writes zionist books vote labour never working class triator party.
Ralph Miliband "writes zionist books"? Name one. [I'll ignore the fact that he died in 1994, btw]

The Miliband family are certainly regularly under attack for being (a) Jewish and (b) Zionists. But that is stock rubbish from the looney right who peddle filth about Zionist conspiracies to control the world.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Miliband family are certainly regularly under attack for being (a) Jewish and (b) Zionists. But that is stock rubbish from the looney right who peddle filth about Zionist conspiracies to control the world.

in fairness to loonies everywhere there are nutters on the looney left(as well as right) who peddle filth about Zionist conspiracies to control the world

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Irrespective of his political views the fact remains that he is unproven above Div 1 and the appointment shows the paucity in intelligence in the Dunderheads Board. Absolutely chronic, O'Neil was never that good but surely a better alternative than P de C? TNBA TTF

'This'.

I went into detail about Di Canio when many were suggesting him as a possible replacement to Gus (I did too with Karl Robinson tbf). It's almost as if people ignore the negative sides to his persona and look at what are very limited pieces of success.

He won league two with Swindon, and of course without knowing the exact figures, did so on a budget i'd say that was far, FAR higher than any of the teams around him. In fact most weeks Swindon's playing budget was probably more towards treble that of many sides in the division (Barnet, Plymouth, Burton, Accrington and so on), anyone could've taken that side out of league 2. As soon as the financial advantage was taken away from him, or 'reduced', he threw a hissy fit and walked out in no time at all, because he knew he was at risk of looking ordinary if things started to falter. This is ignorant of course of the way he treated his goalkeeper, who I believe was on fine form until one mistake, the treatment of Leon Clarke, amongst the other run-in's with the media. In fact, he was in the news almost every week whilst in charge of a bottom division side, and that takes some doing.

You then filter in his political views, for which you could argue are nothing to do with football, but I don't buy that argument one bit. This will upset certain members of the dressing room, as it already has with the backroom staff, and you add into that the fact the guy has no experience of managing big name players, and seemingly very little self control when placed infront of small scale media.

Foolish decision. Martin O'neill is a good manager. Sunderlands squad is very average without Fletcher.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Instead of ending his political career he should be the next in line. The decision to step down from the Sunderland board due to De Canio's possible fascist lviews shows he is a man of principle. Hope he comes back to the fold.

Why? Because he spins better than Shane Warne?

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
100%Zionist family pro isreal pro usa pro big business.. You want luve in catford its hell on earth. Labour working class do me a favour!.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here