Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we keep CMS?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Until Ulloa arrived all our hopes were pinned upon this man to fire us into the play-offs. However, I would say 11 goals is quite a disapointing return for our 'star striker' and this begs the question: Does he deserve another chance next season? Don't get me wrong, I like and respect the guy and thank him for the occasional moments of magic e.g. Overhead kick at Burnley, but is it a case of him not being good enough for the team or just not fitting into our style? With Ulloa, you get the feeling everytime he has the ball something could happen whether by himself or assisting another player but with Craig I just never felt that. In my opinion, I think it's time to let him go and use the money to get another partner for Ulloa, more suited to our style but thats only my opinion, post yours below...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem is:-

Hoskins is gone, (not his fault)
Dobbie is gone (never should have arrived)
Barnes has to be 1 petulance away from going, and nobody is taking that bet.

If CMS goes, we are looking at needing potentially 4 strikers, as the dev squad is hardly churning them out.

What with his injury carrying over I can see CMS staying, as 'first reserve'.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The problem is:-

Hoskins is gone, (not his fault)
Dobbie is gone (never should have arrived)
Barnes has to be 1 petulance away from going, and nobody is taking that bet.

If CMS goes, we are looking at needing potentially 4 strikers, as the dev squad is hardly churning them out.

What with his injury carrying over I can see CMS staying, as 'first reserve'.
Where has Hoskins gone then?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He's injured supposedly until mid September.

No club is going to fork out anywhere near the amount we are after for a striker, with an average scoring record at this level who hasn't yet recovered from a serious injury.

He'll be here next season. Without doubt.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
CMS will stay. No club will pay anywhere near what we paid for him.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Think he will form a great partnership with Ulloa we saw one tiny glimpse the game last home game before the injury CMS cutting in from wide right

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where has Hoskins gone then?
His contract is up, 7 starts from 21 appearances and 2 goals, in 2 seasons, hardly constitutes a new contract to take him into the Premier League, does it?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Seeing as he's injured till the start of the season I don't see him going anywhere! It's a shame it's not worked out for him up until now, we finally bring in that target man and he gets injured! If, as mentioned above, gus plays him like he did Buckley yesterday in the 2nd half, who knows how he'll do?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
His contract is up, 7 starts from 21 appearances and 2 goals, in 2 seasons, hardly constitutes a new contract to take him into the Premier League, does it?

Jesus :ohmy: , I never realised he'd been that poor for us!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jesus :ohmy: , I never realised he'd been that poor for us!
He's only had one sort of luck.
Crocked by your own teammate is never going to end well.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Whether some like it or not, CMS will be with us next season. He won't be fit until Sept at the earliest and then he has to put himself in the shop window. If we were to get promoted then we won't see Hoskins in the stripes again(at least, not ours). If we're still in the Championship next season, then Hoskins will get another contract. Whether he can persuade his family to have another crack at moving down here, may also sway his long term decision

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here