Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest boss: We deserved some reward [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Forest boss: We deserved some reward[/h]2:30pm Sunday 31st March 2013 in Albion
Billy Davies believes Nottingham Forest got what they deserved by scoring late against Albion.
But he was convinced the Seagulls’ first goal in yesterday's 2-2 draw followed an error by referee James Linington to penalise a Chris Cohen tackle.
The Forest manager said: “We put so much into the match against what they tell me is one of the best teams in the division.
“All in all it was a decent point but it would have been a travesty if we had not got anything from this match.”
He told player.nottinghamforest.co.uk: “In the first 45 minutes if it had been a boxing match they would have stopped it.
“We just didn’t get the breaks in the first 45 minutes.
“We had loads of shots going in on their goal, some very good opportunities and at half-time I was disappointed.
“They tell me the Brighton player (Kazenga LuaLua) was very fortunate not to be red-carded “Also I thought they scored their first goal from what looked to be a very good Chris Cohen challenge.
“From that they get the corner and eventually score.”
Davies was relieved to see Casper Ankergren’s late blunder hand Forest a point.
He added: “It was a goalkeeping mistake. We will take it but their goalkeeper kept them in it in the first 45 minutes.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here